What's new

Ask the brit ?

Rachel

Mad Bee Hatch
9 Aug 2003
Hello everyone, It appears people have some questions about all things UK.
So I窶冦 setting up this post Something tells me I may end up regretting this, but what the hell !
If you have a question about something British or uk ? Then ask me !
I just live here, so I窶冦 not promising that my replies will make ANY sense or that they will be 100% correct. But if you have a question to ask, I窶冤l try to answer it.

The nurse is in and she窶冤l see you now.:devilish:

Rachel,

Someone was telling me that there is a small part of London where the english is quite hard to understand like a scene from Lock, Stock, and two smoking Barrels. Any truth to that? =)

Originally posted by Twisted
Uhm, ok... why are all british women as pale as the moon?

Because as a general rule we don't get that much in the way of sunny weather over here for most of the year, our diet's are bad and... we just are !:D

NEXT !

Originally posted by Erik
Rachel,

Someone was telling me that there is a small part of London where the english is quite hard to understand like a scene from Lock, Stock, and two smoking Barrels. Any truth to that? =)

I'm quessing your thinking about the east end. Yeah it can get intresting some times.

NEXT !

Originally posted by Rachel
I'm quessing your thinking about the east end. Yeah it can get intresting some times.

NEXT !

Can many people from England, or London for that matter understand it? Is it quite a large amount of people that speak it?

lol, why don't you ask them about their teeth while your at it!

You've got the amazing National Health Service to thank for that.
there too busy funding the admin to pay out enough to the service it'sself.
Damn those politicians and there private health plans.:rolleyes:

NEXT !

Can many people from England, or London for that matter understand it? Is it quite a large amount of people that speak it?

No not that many speak rhyming slang it seems to be specific to that area. It's used by the "mob" in that area because not many people understand it. Which can be handy if your a professional criminal.

NEXT !

Originally posted by Rosie
Rachel,
what kind of woman do Brit men like?:D

Let see your average brit bloke likes his women to be Blond/Brunette, at least a C cup, light on deep thought and intelligence high on sex drive, No body fat but with a shape, easily convinced and emotionally stable with a open mind and she never questions him in anyway.:D

Dream on boys, dream on. It will never happen in the real wold ******'s ! :devilish:

NEXT !

Originally posted by Marc
What's the British opinion about Blair's latest actions?

Which set of actions do you have in mind ! The little poodle has so many !!!!!!

how many drum'n bass clubs are there in london roughly? and for acid jazz/rare groove? thanks!

Originally posted by budd
how many drum'n bass clubs are there in london roughly? and for acid jazz/rare groove? thanks!

Hi, I'll get back to you on that one, having a few problems with my computer at the mo which is why I've been quiet of late.
In the mean time do a record search for "movement : the brazilian job". If you like D&B you'll like this.

here in america we have smokey the bear as our forest fire protection mascot and i have heard that over there its a frog is this true?

Hey Rachel,

brave of you to start this thread, it could go on 4ever!

While u r prolly right about many British guys, I wann defend those of us who r not like that. I like a girl who is independant, creative, cool, different, confident........ not a doormat etc. Size and shape are secondary, pretty face (IMHO) is more important. If you need help fielding questions, lemme know as it's fun seeing the Q's being posted here. I live and work in and around London and Essex, so fire away!

ps. Can't believe all the fuss over a "lorry" in that other thread! Lol.

C u l8r alligator!

*Claps* Who wants a doormat. Anyway there can't be that many questions to ask can their - Britian ya know fish, chips cup o ' tea, bad food, worse weather Britian!

Originally posted by Seppuku
here in america we have smokey the bear as our forest fire protection mascot and i have heard that over there its a frog is this true?

In a word.... NO !

NEXT !

Originally posted by FelixDaHousecat
Forest Fires? Britian? Frog? News to me, Its not the best climate for it.

Oh whos going to win the Premiership this season?

The betting shops of course.

NEXT !

Originally posted by SKiNiToToRo
Hey Rachel,

brave of you to start this thread, it could go on 4ever!

While u r prolly right about many British guys, I wann defend those of us who r not like that. I like a girl who is independant, creative, cool, different, confident........ not a doormat etc. Size and shape are secondary, pretty face (IMHO) is more important. If you need help fielding questions, lemme know as it's fun seeing the Q's being posted here. I live and work in and around London and Essex, so fire away!

ps. Can't believe all the fuss over a "lorry" in that other thread! Lol.

C u l8r alligator!

Thanks SKiNiToToRo
After that thread about the lorry someone had to do something. There was definutly a need for this thread.
I might take you up on that offer.

In a while croco-dial.:D

Back
Top Bottom