What's new

Arnie in Tokyo

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Austria's pride, Arnold Schwarzenegger, on promotion tour in Japan:

"Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger launches a tourism campaign with L.A. Mayor Jim Hahn and L.A. Dodgers pitcher Kazuhisa Ishii in Tokyo on Friday."

When will he finally run for governor in California? :D

Attachments

• arnie.jpg
    arnie.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 172
There are people in Austria who'd love to see him as federal president, but hey, he became US citizen.
:)

hmmm...I wonder if them guys that did the ahnold phone pranks will start doing them in nihongo? :O

@den4,lolol🙂

@ arnold,, hmmmm nice work! I'm being very careful with my words!!!! I really mean "nice bu##" lolol😊 😊

More on Arnie's Japan connection:

Leaked Schwarzenegger ad draws legal fire

The Hollywood megastar is not generally known for endorsements, but he gamely plays the role of a boxed entertainment export in a commercial in Japan. He also dons a fake mustache and a wig to portray a reporter and "funky guy" in the production, which was not meant for release in the United States. But it has slipped onto the Web.

=> http://news.com.com/2100-1023-244054.html?legacy=cnet

But Arnie doesn't want us to know about that connection:

Arnold Terminating Website

Apparently Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't want Webheads to know he's a sell out. Everyone's favorite Terminator, who usually refrains from doing commercial endorsements in the United States, is looking to snuff out a Website that shows a goofy Japanese ad in which he hawks DirecTV.

The ad, which is being streamed at Zero One Design's Gaijin a Go Go, features Ah-nuld donning several disguises, from a flag-waving politician, to a news reporter, to a football coach, to a dorky mustachioed, curly-wig-wearing TV viewer, all to promote the export of American entertainment to Japan. The 15-second spot ends with the actor himself actually getting boxed up and shipped away.

=> Breaking Celebrity News, Entertainment News and Celeb Gossip - E! Online

Catch the Terminator as TV Pitchman--But Hurry!

=> ifilm.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now.

As a fellow Austrian I have no scrupels to publish the pics in question, lol.

Golly, what people do for money...

Here's the website that had been forced to remove the Arnie content.

=> ogaijinagogo.com - investir sabs apport dans l'immobilier

We need to find that clip and make it a mission to see why he wanted to take it off the air, aside from perhaps it being just a silly commercial....
I recall about a decade ago, Arnie was doing the ads for Arinamin V drink popping out of the bottle like a djinn (or genie) and doing a "victory" sign at the camera, saying "Dai Jo Vui!" laughing his head off all the while.....that's another commercial we need to find....it was hilarious and cool looking at the same time..... :D

den4

:D

That's a great page! Added it to our directory.

Back
Top Bottom