What's new

News Ariana Grande’s sizzling new tattoo

nahadef

Quietly exploding
27 Nov 2012
In fantastic, regrettable news, Ariana Grande got a kanji tattoo. In tribute to her new song, Seven Rings, she wanted to get a tattoo of of seven rings... in Japanese of course. So she got seven-ring kanji, which in Japanese means yakiniku grill. You'd think she'd have the $$ to get that properly checked, or at least post on jref first.
No Tears Left to Cry? Ariana Grande's New Tattoo Is, Er ... Smoking Hot (Literally) [Updated]

DB1AC593-5C52-4309-8941-B3A6E1680B7D.jpeg

Makes me think of this:

******* WEEABOOS

God, I love DBZ Abridged.

I don't know the counter for rings, but wouldn't 指輪七つ be better than all of those variations? At least that seems to me to make more sense.

PR coup, none of us would have heard about it if she didn't goof it up. The way this has been reported has itself been hilarious though.

This gives me an idea for a satire article, "Minor celebrity nails their kanji tattoo" and talks about how perfectly they translated and executed their ink, but then image you use for the article is completely wrong, giving all the kanji masters out there an opportunity to put in their 2 cents.

I don't know the counter for rings, but wouldn't 指輪七つ be better than all of those variations? At least that seems to me to make more sense.
The counter is correct, but 指輪七つ is more likely used in a sentence. 七つの指輪 is most common in that case.

Incidentally, it reminds me of the Japanese translation of The Lord of The Rings.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
三つの指輪は、空の下なるエルフの王に、
七つの指輪は、岩の館のドワーフの君に、

Back
Top Bottom