What's new

Are you torn?

MajideSaiaku

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai
19 Jan 2005
And if so how much?.

Between japan and your home country.

I propose this discussion because i was sitting here at my computer, minding my own bussiness, humming "you are my sunshine" to myself quietly if you must know, when i heard a suddenly familiar jingle on TV, it sounded EXACTLY like the train-platform jingles and stuff you hear in Japan, and suddenly i was transported through space and time to Kabe train station platofrm, or Tokyo station, and the streets enar Tokyo tower, and yeah, i suddenly felt a yearning pang, an urge, to return "home" to Japan!. :p

But as a native Scotsman i love my homeland and i love living here, yet now and then i remember japan and yearn to return, like a bird seems instictively drawn towards the same tree they were born in halfway across the world.

Aw man, fond memories of Japan, i miss it....a happy two months with my girlfriend and her family (who were bloody awsome) and all the thnigs and places i went...

So yeah, are you torn? if so how much?. 😌

I have almost always been one who could pretty well fit in anywhere I went. I grew up in Alabama, and there are those memories of smells, sights and sounds, as well as experiences, that draw emotional sensations from time to time from there.

The same is true for Arizona and New Jersey. But I lived with some folks from Gujarat, India for almost a year, and have very fund recall of that too. And, when I was in the states this past December, yes, I did have such recall too.

At the moment, I am not torn between countries or cultures, I feel. I like to think of myself as being at home on the planet, for the most part, and am happy to be here now--Mars just got to barren.

If there was a ship leaving with the first colonists to mars tomorrow Iide be one of them. 👍

I've always known that if im alive when humanity starts colonising other worlds, I'll end up being one of them, or at least trying.

See you in Cydonia everyone. Tsuyoiko is already waiting on Phobos - she's got the kettle on.

As Arnie said ''Let's go to Mars !''

For some the yearning to return never stops.

35 years have passed and I still live in my memories of Japan. For many reasons, I can not go back again; but living in JREF land is a close second. When I die I'm having my wife put the laptop in my coffin with an internet connection so I can keep in touch with JREF from the great beyond, LOL.

Uncle Frank

😊

Back
Top Bottom