What's new

Are you sure it's the truth ?

mohamed

the broken heart
9 Feb 2010
I noticed in my foreign friends that they watched the news from local television with passion and insatiable but as i see also in Egypt before the revolution of 25 January my local television was talking about the president and his wife and children and members his staff angels or gods sometimes ,
also in the local press is most egregious
*when muslims praying they sad to god (we complain to who , but you god:?)
i found it in local press someone wrote in the first page with big font ( we complain to who , but you president:D)
now it's better in Egypt but i want friends her to share experience about how do we know the new news,how do you know it's certainly truth , which news channel you you trust and do you believe in your country new channel , what website you like to read it

I don't think any single source can be fully trusted. The only way to get the truth is to read and watch as many different sources as possible, and deduce the truth for yourself.

I couldn't have said it better Tsuyoiko. One must read all news sources, both for and against and in the middle as there are no longer any fair and open major news organizations and there is no longer any real investigative journalism by them either in any country. They all have an agenda and are beholden to the owners who are beholden to their advertisers for most of their revenue: the major international corporations.

I agree with Tsuyoiko and Pachipro above. There seems to be little serious investigative journalism these days. About the only exception I can think of is the PBS "Frontline" series.

Real investigative reporting involves verifying evidence and applying critical thinking to analyze the evidence -- which require too much time and effort for current news media.

The Truth is always ever Widespread Opinion. Nothing is ever 100% correct. People only like to take comfort in the idea that things are.

For news, I listen to the BBC, Reuters, Al Jazeera and a few other rather reliable sources. I never watch the local or national news in the US or AUS since the vast majority of it needs to be approved before it airs (in a manner of speaking). The tremendous amount of Censorship in the US is staggering and sick.

Back
Top Bottom