What's new

Are you planning on coming to Japan?

Are you planning on coming to Japan?

• Total voters

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
22 Nov 2003
In the next 12 months? We might as well check and see if enough people will be around to warrent a Jref gathering. If you are planning on it, posting where and when will help.

:sorry:

Man, for a JRef party, too. I'd like to. I wouldn't say that I'm planning on it, though. More like enthusiastically thinking about it. :sick:

What if you're not coming to Japan in the next twelve months but will be here anyway? Can we come to the party too?

I am most definately coming to Japan in the next year and a half. And if I'm lucky I'll be coming in January for a year program. But, I'm definately coming.. I'm not like most people who join JREF and never go to Japan, I am going. It all depends on how soon.. If I get accepted to the program, then in the next 5 months. If I don't then in a little under 2 years. I'm coming is all that matters.

mikecash said:
What if you're not coming to Japan in the next twelve months but will be here anyway? Can we come to the party too?

No, Sorry mike. You cannot come. You're going to have to leave Japan and then come back if you want to join the party.

Glenn said:
Not quite sure what that means...

...? It just means, Like it or not, the majority of people who join JREF are not going to Japan.. It isn't in a mean spirited way or anything, but not every member of JREF is that serious about going to Japan.

really?.. i'd say a large chunk of us hold the "some day... some how....*looks into the distance with the sunset glistening in the eyes*"-attitude towards the "going to japan" thing...

TwistedMac said:
really?.. i'd say a large chunk of us hold the "some day... some how....*looks into the distance with the sunset glistening in the eyes*"-attitude towards the "going to japan" thing...

Yes, It is exactly that. But unfortunately for most I'd say the someday and somehow quickly become no day and no how. I never questioned people's dreams, but most likely, the members ranging from Otaku to J-Pop fans, won't be serious enough (or perhaps lucky enough) to go to Japan. Just my opinion, not trying to discourage anyone who really does plan to go there or anything.

King of Tokyo said:
No, Sorry mike. You cannot come. You're going to have to leave Japan and then come back if you want to join the party.

You must have been a consultant to the 入国管理局 in a previous existence.

LMAO Mike :D ..yeah...he would be like "U can come...U don't,U can,U can...NOPE YOU DEFINITELY CAN'T !!!You won't have any money..so you can't...nope you can't!!...no immigrants anymore please !!" :D

Actually, I was referring to the fact that in order to switch from one type of a visa to another, it is sometimes required that you leave Japan.

...December 11th baby, getting a Kyoto-Tokyo tour... quite cool, get to go to the inner gardens of the imperial palace, seems my school "has someone on the inside"... :D

No reason to get worked up.

As it has been pointed out numerous times, Japan is one damn expensive place. Most folks just ain't got the funds. Some of us luckier ones can consider coming as students/workers, but not all.

im planning on going next month for a short trip. 🙂 i think i will be abit early for the gathering through...

Porl''

Is the party still on for next year? I'm planning on going near the end of the summer, shoulder season I think the travel agents call it.

I AM definately, 100% going to Japan summer of 2005. (no date set yet, but in the months of July/Aug/Sep. (for three weeks to see friends and family and hopefully a JRef party!!)

And also, later this year Dec/Jan, but very short trip...

Well, that's 2!

Actually, I'll probably still be around, too. (That will be my last summer here, I think.) So, that's 3! The next question: Who else will be here next summer?

And ready to party?

🍜

I'll be over in Japan sometime next year, no later than June. I'll be staying in Osaka most likley and for a year or more hopefully ^_^

@Tmac,

Just finishing up a two-year tour teaching English. :D

Like some others on this forum, I'm a teacher in the JET programme. (Actually, the Japanese Enslavement Troopers.) Before that, I spent some time here as a student/slacker.
Then, back to the states for a brief sojourn before heading back out to the wide world. (Grad school? Courier? Cabana Boy?)
What are you up to Mac?

With Citizen, That's FOUR. Should we be picking a place to meet yet?

👍

yes. And now that I have won my scholarship to come to japan it has been made very possible. YAAAAAAAY!

You can probably count Buddha Smoker and I in... neither of us has any plans to go anywhere for a while, and we are both in the Tokyo area... ... but, did I miss the get together this summer (now gone)? If the party is planned during Natsuyasumi there's a good chance I'll be sipping Mai Tai's on some white sandy beach NOT in Japan... :0)

Back
Top Bottom