What's new

Arabs in Japan?

sketchytiger

*+Mangaka/Illustrator+*
21 Apr 2005
Helloツ〜 🙂

I've been wondering if there are Arabs residing in Japan! ^_^ I'd be willing to see them sometime in the futureツ〜 x_X;;;

I'd actually be surprised if out of the 100million+ people residing in Japan there isn't a single person of Arab origin

There could be Arabs in Japan, and if there are, they're probably treated like any other foriegner in the Japan.

I know for a fact that are plent of people from the country of India that work in different parts of Asia

I've met quite a few over here over the years and not just in the major metropolitan areas either. They cover all walks of life too (some teach, some study, some work in the private sector, etc.), no different from any other non-Japanese I suppose.

Just check the number of registered foreigners from Arabic nations on the Japan Statistics Bureau's website. Actually there aren't many. Even Egypt, which is the most populous Arabic country by far, only has 1270 citiziens residing in Japan. Small countries are not listed, but my estimation is that there are between 3000 and 5000 Arabic people living in Japan.

Personally I have never met any Arab in Tokyo (or I might have seen some without knowing where they were from).

-Rudel- said:
I know for a fact that are plent of people from the country of India that work in different parts of Asia

PopCulturePooka said:
Theres also... famously... the Iranian guys in Shibuya.

I thought this thread was about Arabs. ☝

nhk9 said:
I'd actually be surprised if out of the 100million+ people residing in Japan there isn't a single person of Arab origin

Do you mean out of the 2 million foreigners living in Japan.

Ma Cherie said:
There could be Arabs in Japan, and if there are, they're probably treated like any other foriegner in the Japan.

Not all foreigners get treated alike in Japan.

mikecash said:

acording to the link a few posts ago (thanks!) there were around 14,000 indians in Japan. That looks encouraging. Mikecash, if you dont mind, can ya elaborate a bit? Especially on perhaps how indians are generalized/treated? If its too broad to be said, i understand of course, lol. but ya know...just curious about something i don't know.... 😌

[edit] - i really need to start paying more attention to dates lol. sorry for bringing up a thread thats 2 weeks old lol :p

I seem to miss the point here... is it really a matter of racial background or is it social status and job position ? Besides it's not that easy to differentiate between races nowadays ... ☝

Arabs in Japan

As i might be relocating to Japan for work purposes i was also very curious to know if there are many arabs in Japan when i came across your forum.
If i may just say that Iranians are not Arabs.
I have so many question with regards to life in Japan so if it is alright to ask please let me know.
Thanks..

As i might be relocating to Japan for work purposes i was also very curious to know if there are many arabs in Japan when i came across your forum.
If i may just say that Iranians are not Arabs.
I have so many question with regards to life in Japan so if it is alright to ask please let me know.
Thanks..

Welcome to JREF Egyptian! JREF has been online for a long time and has a great deal of information that should help you. Probably many questions you have are already answered here. If you use the "SEARCH" function and take time to read posts here, I think you will find many answers to your questions. Good luck and I hope you make it to Japan, it's a wonderful place to travel to. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get answers to questions here, but members are very helpful. Enjoy!

Uncle Frank

🙂

sketchytiger : so you are like me , people think Muslims have big beards
and enjoy killing other people 😌

oh I forgot something : How you doin' ? :p

hi

Hi am Arab who live in Tokyo i would like to be informed about Arabs in Tokyo so we can meet and exchange experiences about Japan
i think there is a coffee in Roppngi Called Shisha where Arabs meet there 👍

cooking traditional meals

hi... am an Arab who has been residing in Fukuoka for a few months, and have been wanting to make my own meals... Kenafa.. Shawarma etc... I found some halal shops for meat, but its the spices and shredded filo dough that worry me... can someone help?:?

There aren't many Arabs in Japan and East of Asia but there are many Arabs in Europe and south america
For example in France there are around 4 million people from arab countries
There are more than 100 million arabs who lives out of Arabic countries
However ; I think the relations between Arab countries and Japan will be stronger in the next years

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

and have been wanting to make my own meals... Kenafa.. Shawarma etc...
I like Kenafa and Shaworma
very much
they are from the best arabic food

During the last years, many Moroccan students go to some of the Asian countries like Japan and S. Korea to complete their studies. Besides, Recently in the Moroccan universities, a large number of students go to the study the Japanese language and culture. This may indicates in a way or another that there is something like an admiration or a like towards the Asian cultures in general and to the Japanese culture in particular. I assume that the relationships between the arab countries and Japan will be quite stonger in the near future. In this regard, Arab countries seem like they want to learn from the advancement and the mentality of the Japanese society. On the other way around, Japanese people are also opening up towards the Arab markets. They send Japanese teachers to our universities namely to pave the way first for cultural dialogue second for economic reasons...

Yess!! I talked to Algerian and Morrocan there my friend !!
Try to find a Morroco restaurant in Nagoya I think and you will meet some arabs there !

To better understand Iranians, watch the movie based on a true story "Stoning of Soraya". It is about modern day stoning and savage beating of a woman not wanted by her husband. She died as a result of stoning. Also refer to 9-11 that brought a massive destruction in my country. Base your opinions on hard facts then you will not wonder about them.

Back
Top Bottom