What's new

Anyone with any experience with housing in University of Tokyo please help!

Ajay

先輩
18 May 2009
Hi, can anyone studying at Todai, or have studied there, please tell me what kind of expense that you people have regarding housing? With a decent probablity I think I might be attending Todai at Hongo campus, hence I am asking for some information.

1. what kind of expense that you people, ie those attending todai, have regarding housing?
2. Is it possible to stay at Komaba campus dorms but attend classes etc at Hongo campus?
3. If you are living outside campus, what kind of traveling times you guys have in general?
4. During the first few days, where do you stay? I mean till you find yourself a place to live.
5. Are there any dorms in Hongo Campus that allow Foreign students?

Hi, can anyone studying at Todai, or have studied there, please tell me what kind of expense that you people have regarding housing? With a decent probablity I think I might be attending Todai at Hongo campus, hence I am asking for some information.
1. what kind of expense that you people, ie those attending todai, have regarding housing?
2. Is it possible to stay at Komaba campus dorms but attend classes etc at Hongo campus?
3. If you are living outside campus, what kind of traveling times you guys have in general?
4. During the first few days, where do you stay? I mean till you find yourself a place to live.
5. Are there any dorms in Hongo Campus that allow Foreign students?

I join you in your cause Ajay :D . I'm specially interested in questions 1. and 4. :?

Did you already make a request for a room in a dormitory ?
I have been told to wait...
What happens if you are eventually not sent to Todai but to another university ?

From what I heard from admin office, they will arrange a dorm for us once MEXT confirmed our scholarship in February.
What Nyfa said Ajay😊. As we only have for certain that we got the scholarship I haven't send any e-mails to anyone. MEXT will arrange everything so we don't have to worry about it. What we don't know is where are we going to exactly:?. There are many housing options in Tokyo (OK, not so many, but you know what I mean :) ) and we can't choose the dorm, house or apartment we're going to (which doesn't bother me at all). At this point we don't even know if we are going to Todai (or Tokyo for that matter) ☝. All we can do now is wait for the final decision, get our passports and some souvenirs from our countries to share them with the japanese :D.

@SOLDIER1st and Ajay
Aahhh, sorry if I didn't give clear info before. I started contacting admin office earlier this month cause I saw that application for housing starts on January. But as it turned out that it's going to be admin office who will take care everything for us.

Dear Nyfa

Though you will not be allowed to designate the place of the dorm, Kokuhi students will be accommodated a Single room in one of the dorms. There is no need to worry about it now. Details regarding your dorm will be notified sometime after the end of February. Sato-san may also contact you on this matter, but you will most likely be contacted by the Denki kei admin office.

I hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom