What's new

Anyone seen Cowboy BeBop the movie?

Timsan

後輩
4 Dec 2003
personally one of the best animes ive ever seen imo. plot wasnt all THAT great but it just has style

I personally thought it was a GREAT movie. What was your favorite part? I like the part when they were on the train-type vehicle. Spike had such kick-*** moves there! And when Ed ran around trick-or-treating a day early and a guy with a shotgun chased her away. XD

my fav part was when spike is in the research facility protending to be a janitor and fights that girl, and manages to escape now THAT is class.

I just watched it, and I thought it was great. Of course, it wasn't uninterrupted, so I'm sure I missed some stuff, but I loved the story and all of the characters were their lovable selves as usual. I'm sure I'll be watching it again sometime soon. I'm sure everyone else who saw it loved it too, eh? 👍

Cowboy Bebop is just pure ownage. Beautiful script and cinematography.
What plot? There wasn't much of one, why? CB is just so unique it didn't need one.

One of my fav scenes is when Vincent has the gun to Spike's head and then all the butterflies appear -> beautiful.

I guess the characters are just so well developed, unique, and just cool (especially Spike) that the plot can not be the greatest and the show still comes up like roses. Not to mention that Faye is easy on the eyes, to say the least. :p :D

Something that really helps is that there are no annoying characters. i thought ed was gonna be some loser who drags the whole group down because she looks incapable but she is hella adorable and FUNNY! Spike and Vicious are one of the best rivals i've ever seen.

Fantastic

One of the best anime movie I ever seen , not to say THE best!

For me every single part is perfect.

If I should say what I liked , it vould take to long :D

Nice movie. Just like the series it stuck to that particular flow animation with some very interesting camera angels. I like the part where Faye is in her flying thingy and listening to the radio and also the fight in the facility where spike is dressed as a janitor, and the ending fight is pretty good. I just don't get one thing. Why is it that in a lot of Japanese anime, characters always find out their answer with their death, I mean can't they think a lil harder :)

Cowboy Bebop the movie is geat, though I love the series more. I think it's the details and little nuances and witty dialogue that make Cowboy Bebop so special for me.

Cowboy Andy is my hero. :p.

Duo said:
Why is it that in a lot of Japanese anime, characters always find out their answer with their death, I mean can't they think a lil harder :)

Answer saved till the end so the audience can walk away with a conclusion.
Isn't it the same with any other movie/series?

Yeah, but do they have to be on the verge of death to figure it out? Doesn't really hold much hope for us if the meaning of life is only understood during one's penultimate moments, does it? That was a really funny observation, though, lmao. Why can't they think a little harder? :D :D :D

Glenn said:
Yeah, but do they have to be on the verge of death to figure it out? Doesn't really hold much hope for us if the meaning of life is only understood during one's penultimate moments, does it? That was a really funny observation, though, lmao. Why can't they think a little harder? :D :D :D

:D :p :D

Well it has always struck me as strange, that on the last moments they find sm type of ultimate truth or the meaning of their existance. Is just a lil weird I guess, but who knows, maybe when you are dying you really see reality for what it is. I hope what I just said is not true :p. Bak at the Bebop movie, I would have wanted to see Elektra in a fight with Faye. :p Fight over Spike that is, and the loser would have to settle for Jet :p

Duo said:
Bak at the Bebop movie, I would have wanted to see Elektra in a fight with Faye. :p Fight over Spike that is, and the loser would have to settle for Jet :p

Lol. :D Yeah, I just wanted to see Spike and Electra get down and dirty. :eek: But to have Electra and Faye duke it out would be cool, especially a wrestling match, lol. :D :D 👍 👍

goggles said:
Answer saved till the end so the audience can walk away with a conclusion.
Isn't it the same with any other movie/series?

Maybe you are right, but I have observed this in animes mostly.
Examples :
Vincent in the Bebop movie, Kenshin looses his scar when he dies, Kenshin finds out the secret why he should live only when is about to die in a fight with Soujiro Hiko.There are more, but I dont remember anymore now :p

Glenn said:
Lol. :D Yeah, I just wanted to see Spike and Electra get down and dirty. :eek: But to have Electra and Faye duke it out would be cool, especially a wrestling match, lol. :D :D 👍 👍

If they had asked us on how to develop the story, between of us we could have come up with a far more steamy plot that would involve a lot of Faye and Elektra 1 on 1 :D :D :p 😌

Duo said:
Maybe you are right, but I have observed this in animes mostly.
Examples :
Vincent in the Bebop movie, Kenshin looses his scar when he dies, Kenshin finds out the secret why he should live only when is about to die in a fight with Soujiro Hiko.

LOL oh c'mon, it's a common thing in films or series. It helps round off the story. And while you're knockin' on heaven's door, that's when you really know what it means to live. Also some themes are more prevalent in japan than anywhere else in the world.

I like it, one of my friends owns it, its cool....I was impressed, I was expecting much worse.

yeah... she got me into Trigun and InuYasha and all that last summer. Then I kinda took off on my own to see different shows.

Ein makes the difference

About seeing the truth just before death, there is one important thing, the guy who gets to be with many people at the end of their life will know a lot more than any of us about the true meanings of life if he hears the last thought that comes out of the agony of dying and keeps living... 😏
About the movie, I think it was just great as a longer episode within one of the greatest series ever. How can you not like an anime with such a cool dog as Ein, maybe is not very useful but it adds so much, I think there should be more animals like him or even Zero in animes they have that style that makes CB such a unique and enjoyable anime. I talked about Ein because he was left behind I think, nobody mentioned him in any of the CB threads I've seen so far :(
Ein rules and so does the rest of the crew.

Attachments

• ein03.jpg
    ein03.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 155
my bros is an ein freak he has pictures of him every where he draws him to, its weird

It was an awesome movie.Well worth the 6 hour round trip to see it.LOL
That is the closest they were showing to where I live.My only regret was only seeing it once.

Back
Top Bottom