What's new

anyone know keihati tatso?

Ishop_10

後輩
31 May 2006
My mother was from oshima, japan. Two weeks ago she died. We do not know how to reach her family. Her maiden name was Ruiko Tatsu. Her brother is Keihati Tatsu or Tatso, we are not sure. If anyone knows anything that will help, I can be emailed at [email protected]. I hope that this is the correct way to do this, as I am barely computer literate and new to this also. Thank you :)

keihati doesn't sound like a Japanese name, "ti" is not a natural sound in the language... are you sure you have that right?

Maybe....

if you can find any old letters or documents in Japanese ? They might have info on them in Japanese that mean nothing to you, but could contain info on them to help in the search. An old address on an envelope from Japan that was saved, little clues like that might help. Good luck!

Uncle Frank

I am guessing that since she was Japanese that she has an old family register around. That would definitely help someone find who you are looking for.

sorry about reply

keihati doesn't sound like a Japanese name, "ti" is not a natural sound in the language... are you sure you have that right?
I am sorry it took me so long to reply, but I do not know what I am doing. I am learning as I go. Only just saw your reply today. Keihati was how they translated my uncles name on an old letter to my mother, I have no way of knowing if it is correct. When my mother pronounced it she said it like this------Kayhotchee. And although the last name was Tatso on the envelope she pronounced it Tatsue. Thank you ishop:)

old info

if you can find any old letters or documents in Japanese ? They might have info on them in Japanese that mean nothing to you, but could contain info on them to help in the search. An old address on an envelope from Japan that was saved, little clues like that might help. Good luck!
Uncle Frank
The only address I have is from 40 yrs ago and this is it--Keihati Tatso,178 Tatsugo-son, Tatogo,Oshima-gun, Kagoshima-ken. My problem is Japan has undergone some changes in cities or something and the addresses have changed. And even if they had not it would be a miracle if he continued to live in the same area. Since this is the only thing that I have besides her social security number and death certificate I am having problems locating anyone that can help. Thank you ishop:)

no register

I am guessing that since she was Japanese that she has an old family register around. That would definitely help someone find who you are looking for.
My mother never had a family register, so far as I know. If she ever did it was lost long ago... Thank you ishop:)

Back
Top Bottom