What's new

Anyone Check out a 14 year old number in Hoya-shi for me?

number_six

後輩
18 Mar 2006
Hi all, I have a name, a phone number and an address, but they are 14
years old, and have the suspicion they may be out of date.

But I would like to check anyway. I don't want to spend the $$
on an overseas call (or even skypeout) until I know the number is O.K.

I am going to Tokyo next summer and would like to connect with this
person again, if possible.

The address/number are in Hoya-shi.

we wrote quite regularly for a while then I started moving about and lost touch.:(

Instant message me @ my yahooo account/email me if you can help..

Thanks/窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堋ェ窶堙??堋、窶堋イ窶堋エ窶堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。

Uh, good luck with that.

Most folk just give up any hope of finding a japanese person in Japan once you lose contact.

Could always try a bit of air-mail, if you dont get a response, then you know they've moved.

You're too damned cheap to spend a dime or so checking the number yourself via SkypeOut....yet you expect complete strangers to pony up the dough to check it out for you?

You've got brass.

dont be so hard on em Mike...

lol

but you do have a point. I think more then anything he just wants a way to find them.

Carlson said:
dont be so hard on em Mike...
lol
but you do have a point. I think more then anything he just wants a way to find them.

I wasn't nearly hard enough. Not only does he expect us to pay his freight and do his legwork, he also wants us to go out of our way to contact him rather than participating in the forum.

He's got very shiny brass.

Mike Cash said:
I wasn't nearly hard enough. Not only does he expect us to pay his freight and do his legwork, he also wants us to go out of our way to contact him rather than participating in the forum.

I was going to say before but didnt... he will more likely then not never post again unless someone did find the person. just saying try not to scare everyone away.

Mike Cash said:

bah, Automatic assumption I'm asking someone to spend mony, make phone calls
or run around for me.

Mike, perhaps I was thinking, that maybe, just maybe, there would be someone with
access to a copy of the white pages (I believe NTT reffers to them as hellopage) for
the area in question to do a lookup??

As for the contact thing, I am sure the person I am looking for would just
LOVE to have their name, Phone # and address posted for absolutely
everyone in the world to have access to. That's why I was looking for
anyone willing to IM me... Doh!

I hope other people on this board a little more understanding.☝

The fact still remains that you'd rather ask a total stranger to dig through the phone book for you than spend less than a dime to check it out yourself.

Oh, I understand you just fine.

I understand you not wanting to spend more money than you have to, but if the number is disconnected, you won't get charged for the call. If the number was reassigned to someone else, your conversation most likely won't last more than 1~3 minutes at most. It won't be that much money to do it yourself.👍

Back
Top Bottom