What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Any Supra fans? 8-)

Nikorasu

Kouhai
Reaction score
I'm a big Supra fan, drives a 89 MKIII Turbo, slightly tuned and love it more than anything else, got alot of friends who drive Supras aswell, oh and it's racetime this Sunday! :D

Reaction score
I like soarers a little more than supras, just because they are so played out and everyone wants them over any other JDM car in america. What I really want is a soarer v8 TT oh YEAH now that has some real JDM power. the only way you can get one in th us is to take a lexus sc 400 body and motor and the build that thing for turbo with nothing but JDM TRD POWA oh yeah!!!

Nikorasu

Kouhai
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a Lexus IS200 with a 2JZ conversion and a single turbo kit =) Now that would be an awesome sleeper...

budd

先輩
Reaction score
that bb is finna get hot over here though. want a test drive...

jspecdan

Sempai
Reaction score
the 2JZ engines were monsters. they house everything...except the RB26DETT's.😊

Himura

Hadoken!!!!!
Reaction score
Japanese SportCars ruleZ.... I’ve always said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jspecdan

Sempai
Reaction score
There's such a variety between all the japanese sports cars, which is great. so many great cars.

SupraPolak

Kouhai
Reaction score
I must say that I too am a Supra fan :D The RB26DETT is nice but the 2JZGTE is just SO MUCH better.

To get similar power levels to a 2JZ out of an RB26 DETT you'd have to spend twice as much. This would usually include stroking the RB26 out to 3L among other things, and then what would you have? A 2JZ, that's what :D
LOL So instead, just start out with a 2JZ and you'll be off to a much better start to begin with ;)

Mia1986

後輩
Reaction score
I was wondering, are there any other cars that 2JZ engines work better in besides a Supra?

SupraPolak

Kouhai
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by "work better in"?

If you can find a car that perhaps would have a better power to weight ratio, if converted to a 2JZ, or had a better, lighter stronger chassis etc. then I would expect a 2JZ would "work better in" such a car...

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
More car info for the new member.

Hope some of this is interesting even though it's old.

Uncle Frank

pyro530

後輩
Reaction score
Wow, this is an old thread.
Doesn't even look like the links in the OP even work anymore.
Either way, I am a huge supra fan too.

Top Bottom