What's new

Any one else for Yamasa?

Penny4em

先輩
16 Aug 2006
Okay, I just stumbled across two people about to start attending The Yamasa Institute in April this year. Now I'm wondering - is there any one else? On this forum, I mean?

I'd love to know...

😊

I'm starting there in march, doing a month of SILAC then a term of AIJS. Hopefully I'll have some time and cash to stay a little longer but that's probably wishful thinking.

I'll be starting in April in AJSP (possibly AIJS for the first part - I'm a bit rusty).

Looking forward to it.

I'm punishing myself wth 6 months Acceleration before moving on to the AIJP.

Where are you flying from comicferret?

Nall-ohki will probably have twice as much baggage allowance as us :eek: Why is the UK so tight-fisted? :(

Heheh. It's probably true. I will say though - with the electronics equipment I'm bringing, I'm damn glad I have it.

I've reached the stage where I'm eliminating things like socks from my suitcase. It's pathetic. 20 kilos in the hold might be enough for travelling within Europe but for long haul it's just sick and twisted. Plus my laptop is apparently included in the 8 kilos cabbin baggage which leaves room for roughly five tic-tacs and a book.

ARGH!

I've reached the stage where I'm eliminating things like socks from my suitcase. It's pathetic. 20 kilos in the hold might be enough for travelling within Europe but for long haul it's just sick and twisted. Plus my laptop is apparently included in the 8 kilos cabbin baggage which leaves room for roughly five tic-tacs and a book.
ARGH!

Heh, they don't even WEIGH our carryon baggage here. 😊

Yeah the UK baggage allowance sucks. Luckily I'm in the US on holiday at the moment and I'll be flying from here to Japan so i've gone nuts on the packing. Not looking forward to shipping it all back though...

Like ships that pass in the night...
Yes...yes I think that would be wise... 😌

Hehe. Actually, you sound like a very interesting one. I'm actually looking forward to meeting you if we cross paths there - whch I'm sure will happen... doesn't seem like that big of a school.

So anyway, here's to looking forward! 🙂

Yeah the UK baggage allowance sucks. Luckily I'm in the US on holiday at the moment and I'll be flying from here to Japan so i've gone nuts on the packing. Not looking forward to shipping it all back though...

Crafty! I'm actually living in Spain at the moment but it works out slightly cheaper to go from the UK. Plus I have to go back there anyway to sort out the visa stamp and the money transfer.

And yes, the horror of the return shipping...:(

Hehe. Actually, you sound like a very interesting one. I'm actually looking forward to meeting you if we cross paths there - whch I'm sure will happen... doesn't seem like that big of a school.
So anyway, here's to looking forward! 🙂

Yes. I suppose once I get there and realise 'what the HELL was I thinking?' I'll be grateful for a friendly face, even one belonging to someone with obscene luggage allowance. It is a tad discrimatory after all.

🙂

Yes. I suppose once I get there and realise 'what the HELL was I thinking?' I'll be grateful for a friendly face, even one belonging to someone with obscene luggage allowance. It is a tad discrimatory after all.
🙂

Completely agreed. :)

Well, one month to go... we should be getting an announcment about our visa status pretty soon, I'm guessing - when I applied before, it was around the 1st of March.

Everyone ready to go and get your Certificate of Eligibility?

Hi hi! 🙂

Me and my fiancé are heading to Yamasa in April... certificate of eligibility approved after all! :) Anyone know the chances of getting the visa now? What could stop the embassy to approve a visa? Happy to know!

And if anyone wants to meed a wierd coffee addicted swedish couple over there just drop by and say hi! 😊

*walks off and tries to figure out how to fit enough coffee in a 20 kg bag*

Back
Top Bottom