What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Any Nobuo Uematsu fans here?

BrennaCeDria

Lovely Angel
Reaction score
I believe Ah! My Goddess is one of his main anime titles worked on.

He had absolutely nothing to do with FFX-2 (as mentioned above) and next-to-nothing to do with FFX as well.

Black Mages I kicks ***, Black Mages II is mostly okay.

His best works are the Aria de Mezzo Caratterre from FFVI, pretty much all of the FFIV tracks, Golbeza Clad in the Dark in particular (particularly if you get the piano collections), Dancing Mad (either the original game version or the slightly shorter--but still 12 minute long--Black Mages version) which is the full final Kefka music from FFVI, and the "Love Grows" version of Eyes on Me from FFVIII (the part where Squall is walking to Esthar).

And yes, I do have every Final Fantasy album released up until the Rise of Zilart (FFXI) OST.

[/Uematsuotakurant]

Japanimaniac

Sempai
Reaction score
LOVE GROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loooooooooooove that song. Brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. I keep a save right before you go see Rinoa in the infirmary just so I can watch that scene whenever I get the urge. :p

BrennaCeDria

Lovely Angel
Reaction score
I gave up on keeping saves for each bit of music and only have a few for certain FMVs from each game. That's one reason why I have all the OSTs.

Wanted to add: Forever Rachel (FFVI)

Edit: FYI

Last edited:

Japanimaniac

Sempai
Reaction score
BrennaCeDria said:
I gave up on keeping saves for each bit of music and only have a few for certain FMVs from each game. That's one reason why I have all the OSTs.

True, it is hard to keep all those saves. Eats your memory card up. But I have that save more for the scene than the music. I don't know why, but I identify so much with Squall in that scene. Carrying her...talking to her, even though she isn't answering...dunno. It's just super uber romantic to me. And then there's the song, which makes it ten times better. :)

Camui

Crimson Butterfly
Reaction score
just yesterday I was watching a trailer for Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children and it had One Winged Angel playing in the background and I was reminded of his immence talent...not to mention the music went along so well with the scenes...I was very impressed by him once again and I couldn't help but cry when they showed Cloud lowering Aeris into the water *sniffles*...all of his music is just sooo beautiful...^^

Top Bottom