What's new

Any Diru song that reminds you of another

Average_Psycho

Foreign Music Enthusiast
11 Jun 2005
I was just wondering if anyone else out there has realized the similarities in sound when listening to different Dir en grey songs. I really noticed a similarity between KODOU and THE FINAL. I told this to my friend, and she also agrees, it might be the beginning, or the way the chorus is sung, but either way, they sound really similar. So back to the question; is there any other song out there by Dir en grey, that reminds you or sounds similar to another Dir en grey song?

Nah... I can honestly say I never feel like I'm hearing the same song twice.

Unless you consider remixes or G.D.S. and Audience Killer Loop :D

I don't mind the remixes, although I'm not a major fan of them, but yeah, audience KILLER LOOP could remind people of the other opening songs on their albums...

Well, the sounds are often similiar on the songs belonging to the same album. That's just normal, you can identify the band and usually which album the song is off.
I think it's unusuall actually that the sound (guitar fuzz, effects, distortion) varies as much as they do from cd to cd.

If you think back to their older albums though they were much more diverse. I mean I don't think any songs on Gauze or Macabre sound at alike.

I agree completely pinkkillerkisou, audience KILLER LOOP just doesn't "make you ears bleed" as you put it. And no, nothing on Macabre nor Gauze sound similar, but yes, on most albums, the songs sound rather similar to each other, sometimes even the lyrics.

I mean I see what you are saying, that there are similarities within an album, but I can't ever see songs sounding alike... Dir en Grey puts too much effort to make each song sound different.

And they do, it's just with KODOU and THE FINAL, I'm not entirely sure on this, but theway the instruments are played, and I find the intros a tinge similar, but they're both very good... Maybe I need a hearing aid o_O

Ha ha ha!
Bite me!
My parents are convinced I'll be needing one someday, considering how loud I BLAST my music daily *shrugs*

No... you just have selective hearing... that's what I call it. :p

You hear what you want to hear and block everything else out. :D

Taht's what my mom does a lot to me... Oooh do I hate it when she does that, especially when I have something IMPORTANT to tell her too!
But I pay a lot of attention to specific things when I listen to music, I'm getting guitar lessons soon - FINALLY - and I'm beginning to identify the guitar chords in random songs...

That's awesome... it's so much more enjoyable to listen to music as a musician yourself... you can appreciate it more.

Yes, very much so indeed. And after I'm through with guitar lessons, which could take a while ^^, I'm gonna take bass!! I love Toshiya's bass lines, especially in Cage!

Uhh... if I did, I sure as Hell can't remember... My memory is quite frightening actually... I think I may have taken paino *can't really remember* Oh well... sorry if that didn't fully answer your question :sorry:

Hehe... that's ok. I was just curious... a couple of us here play instruments. :) I myself play harp (😊 Shh... it's beautiful instrument and harder than it looks), acoustic guitar (lost it in a flood :(), electric guitar (sold it so I wouldn't starve :(), and I play a bit of bass now. I want to learn drums badly... it's all Shinya's fault... :LOL:

But a good kind of fault right? lol
My, my, you've not had the best of luck with instruments, have you? I like the harp actually, I even have 2 friends who play violin, and I think they're really good, the violin is also a beautiful instrument... *sighs*

Yea... a good kind of fault... that's just one more instrument to buy, make me poorer, and then be destroyed. :(

No... I haven't. They cost so much money too 😭 It is... I always wanted to play piano though. 😊

Wow! You play the harp! That's amazing. I mean it's so beautiful, but it looks so hard.
So many strings!
I can play guitar, but I'm not very good. And I used to sing in a band... It isn't just for people who can't play an instrument... though it feels a bit like anyone can sing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom