What's new

Any beginners who want to talk in Japanese

blockhar

先輩
27 Jul 2003
well, i have been studying japanese for a year and even went to japan, and came back and dont want to lose any of it during the summers until my next class. does anyone who is a newbie want to talk in basic elementary japanese because that is my level. if so start writing

onamae nandesuka?

onamae nandesuka? you may want some person who can speak more japanese then me? 'm a total newbie to japanese, but i know a few words and phrases. Do you want some one who got a higher lvl japanese language ability. I am currently getting resources to study japanese. So i would like it if we spoke japanese =D

This sounds fun. I'm beginner also. In Japanese or romaji? I have the language pack to see it, though I don't have any text editors to type it. Maybe I should go find one, else I'm sticking to copy-pasting (which take quite a long time...). *lol* Having a higher level Japanese person would be good too. We might be saying wrong stuff the whole time and wouldn't even know it. ^^'

Watashi ha Keiichi desu. Douzo yoroshiku. Okuni ha nan desu ka?
(I'll stick with the ha instead of wa and the dou instead of doo, etc.)

sure, watashi no onamae wa Brandon desu. Amerika ni sundeimasu. Guilford daigaku ni itteimasu. yonensei desu. Well, im not to picky, just as long i dont lose what i know. and i wouldnt mind helping you because whether or not you know it, you are helping also.

jamaata

oh i know some kanji and of course hiragana and katakana. i like romanji also but i try not to use it alot.

AMERIKA mo sundeimasu. HAWAI daigaku ni itteimasu. watashi ha sannensei desu.
Japanizing English is good practice too. I'll keep those capital if we're gonna stick with romaji.
Heh... it's like school. *lol*

soudesuka. hima no toki wa nani o shimasuka? oh and if you want to know a cool statement, here is one i learned. Ore o daredato omotte iru no. It means who the F__k do you think i am. and im sorry if i cursed on this forum.

I would use hiragana and katakana and kanji, but for beginners like us, I feel it is probably better for us to start in romanji because half the time I can't figure out where a word stops and ends in hiragana! If I knew more kanji (I only know grade 1, about 80), then maybe I'd start using it more. But for learning purposes, romanji is easier. Don't you think>?

yeah, its easier but i want to read books, signs, newspapers. romanji can complicate and slow process but i dont have the program to write in hiragana or katakana, so for me to right in hiragana now is okay.

Originally posted by blockhar
sure, watashi no onamae wa Brandon desu. Amerika ni sundeimasu. Guilford daigaku ni itteimasu. yonensei desu. Well, im not to picky, just as long i dont lose what i know. and i wouldnt mind helping you because whether or not you know it, you are helping also.

jamaata
Just one thing I noticed -- In my experience, "I'm attending the University of..." "Daigaku ni Kayotte imasu" is the much more typical way of saying this.

I wanna join too!!! :)
I'm also a beginner in japanese. I only know a few words but i think joining this forum will help me improve.

Watashi wa Mica desu. Doozo yoroshiku.

ureshii ne.😄

mata ne.

i am glad to have any beginners in this thread. We all can help each other with our tips and such. And thanks Elizabeth. Umm. when i was in japan, this is what they taught me but as i found out there is more than one way to say things, but thanks any way.

i am glad to have any beginners in this thread. We all can help each other with our tips and such. And thanks Elizabeth. Umm. when i was in japan, this is what they taught me but as i found out there is more than one way to say things, but thanks any way.
Maybe that is the way students are taught initially, I'm not sure, but you can do a web search on both and see that "daigaku ni kayotte imasu" comes up about 5 x as often. Just like "himana toki" instead of "hima no toki."

true, the hima part is wrong. i just remembered you are right about that. how much japanese do you know and where have you studied if you dont mind. and ask questions in japanese. i might be able to answer them and maybe not. and i guess that is what they teach us, and i was in Osaka.

Konnichiwa
Watashi wa ANDORYU desu doozo yoroshiku onegaishi masu

Nihongo wa sukoshi dake desu, muzukashii desu ne
Ganbatte ne
andrew

true, the hima part is wrong. i just remembered you are right about that. how much japanese do you know and where have you studied if you dont mind. and ask questions in japanese. i might be able to answer them and maybe not. and i guess that is what they teach us, and i was in Osaka.
Konnichiha blockhar-san!

Nihongo wa gonenkan benkyou shite imasu. Mada amari jouzu dewa arimasenga, ganbatte imasu. Watashi no nihongo wa dandan joutatsu wo shite imasu shikashi yukkuri desu. Sannenmae Nihon ni hajimete ikimashita. Sanshuukan dake deshita ga, Nihon ga suki ni nari kyonen modotte ikimashita. Nikaime no taizai wa juushuukan deshita.
Soshite kotoshi no juugatsu no owari ka juuichigatsu no hajime ni nihon e modoru yotei desu. Hontou ni tanoshiminishite imasu.

Osaka wo dou omoimashitaka? Osaka no hito wa yuumoa no sensu ga aru no de yuumei desuyo. Tokyo no tomodachi ga [Moshi Yuumoa no sensu ga nakattara Osaka no hito wa tomodachi ni naritakunai to omoimasu] to iimashita. Dakara Osakajin ga totemo kowakunarimashita. :D

Last edited:
Can I join in as well? I know nothing in Japanese though...so does anyone have any sites they know that would be a good place to start?

It sounds interesting! I wanna join too, since i'm a beginner, i know nothin much, so....Watashi no namae ha kelle desu, malaysia-jin, koukou sannen no gakusei desu! kore kara douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Nihongo o benkyoshimasu!! Ganbate ne minasan!

im glad that everyone is coming in here to talk japanese. I am also a beginner and i hope from this thread all our japanese can become better and we can all learn from each other.

doomo arigatou gozaimasu

みんなさん こんにちわ!

私は Mongo です。 日本へ 行きたいんですがあまりお金がありませんから、仕事をしています。 来年 旅行に必要な費用が あります。日本の色々なところへいくつもりです。

大阪は どうですか? I heard that the pronunciation in Osaka is a little bit of different from the rest of the country, Is that so?

じゃ! 日本語 勉強しましょう。 これからしばらくよろしくお願いします!

konnichi wa mina san
boku wa cody desu. amerikajin desu. koukou ninen no gakusei. amerika ni maine imasu.nihongo ga ichnen benkyou shimasu. minasan wa doko imasu ka?
jaa mata

Originally posted by mongoloid
みんなさん こんにちわ!

私は Mongo です。 日本へ 行きたいんですがあまりお金がありませんから、仕事をしています。 来年 旅行に必要な費用が あります。
来年日本へ行く予定ですか? 日本への旅行は高くつくですね。大変です。Based on your first sentence, though, I couldn't tell if you aren't going to Japan sooner because you don't have the money or because you are working (and therefore can't get a vacation)。。。。

Originally posted by mongoloid
みんなさん こんにちわ!

私は Mongo です。 日本へ 行きたいんですがあまりお金がありませんから、仕事をしています。 来年 旅行に必要な費用が あります。
来年日本へ行く予定ですか? 残念ながら、日本への旅行は高くつくですね。大変です。Based on your first sentence, though, I couldn't tell if you aren't going to Japan sooner because you don't have the money or because you are working (and therefore can't get a vacation)。。。。

Back
Top Bottom