What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

annoying things

eimik

先輩
Joined
25 Dec 2002
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
what kinda stuff in japan drove you crazee?


I hate the fact no matter what kinda product you buy/have it has waaay to much wrapping and packaging, its insane.
unwrapping=endless

oh i use to hate how the store clerks constanty greeted you before and after you left the store, it drove me nuts. But i have to admit the service out there is way better than here. In fact customer service in japan totally rules all.


mmm i'll have to think of some more, but now its your turm...
 

mdchachi

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
6 Mar 2003
Messages
4,102
Reaction score
1,443
I agree service in Japan is generally good however there is times when people are more concerned with following arbitrary rules than pleasing the customer. No good examples are coming to my mind now though.

Of course the annoyance of secondhand smoke is a given. Ugh.
 

noyhauser

先輩
Joined
20 Feb 2003
Messages
617
Reaction score
47
want an example?

I worked out at a health spa where I paid by the month... and I was leaving on the 15th, so I didnt want to pay the entire month... but they could not, no matter what give me a half month fee... (it was 25000 Yen per month)

I ended up not working out for that two weeks
 

eimik

先輩
Joined
25 Dec 2002
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
oh oh oh i know another one...

When people wear shirts that have english messages that dont friggin make sense.

whooooa its crazee.
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
I was annoyed most when I had assumed my 40 pack of Crowns would last three weeks but after the first four days I realized that I had to start a condom schedule in order to survive my exstensive tour of the far-east.

I also was annoyed about how small food was is in portion, how when I went on fancy-pancy dinner dates to mcdonalds I'd order a big mac extra value meal l-size w/ fries, order of mcnuggets, three cheese burgers and two apple pies it'd be like a hundred times more than what my date or anyone else had ordered for their meal (and I weigh like a total of 90lbs,.)

I was also annoyed how easy everything is, like say your on a date with a girl, "hey b*tch buy me a new jacket," ,, "hai!" and like that you'd get a new designer jacket while the whole time they pay for it they have a huge grin cause they kno' your packin' the heat and later they are going to get shot'shot'shot up.

I was annoyed by during the day the metropolitan area (parts of shinjuku etc.etc.) smelt like a poo-hole and I remember, when I was 13 and my older brother returned he said, "man, when you get off the plane it smells like a trash-can" and it did, but luckily for me, the night prowler, it seems to all change to scents of liqour, chanel and something that rhymes with China, mmmmnnnn chinese food.

Josh
 

eimik

先輩
Joined
25 Dec 2002
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by ghettocities

I was annoyed by during the day the metropolitan area (parts of shinjuku etc.etc.) smelt like a poo-hole and I remember, when I was 13 and my older brother returned he said, "man, when you get off the plane it smells like a trash-can" and it did, but luckily for me, the night prowler, it seems to all change to scents of liqour, chanel and something that rhymes with China, mmmmnnnn chinese food.


haha so true.

tokyo= smells poopy
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
the screeching bicycle brakes is one....talked with the engineers at Bridgestone (that make the brakes, and it's done on purpose)..... :D

the way people will stop in front of you for no good reason and cause you to run into them.....especially in crowded train stations.... :D

the stench coming off the metal cigarette butt bins that start smokin' away...:p

the freezin' depaato stores and trains during the summer, and the sweltering heat as soon as you leave the trains....:D

havin' to squeeze onto that damned morning rush hour train.... :D

the inability to return items when you find you made a mistake... :(

having to pay air shipment rates for books at Maruzen or any other bookstore selling western books, when you know they get them all sent there by sea rates and marking them up accordingly..... :(

not having a keitai when you're visiting Japan.....

countless others.....
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by den4
the screeching bicycle brakes is one....talked with the engineers at Bridgestone (that make the brakes, and it's done on purpose)..... :D

the way people will stop in front of you for no good reason and cause you to run into them.....especially in crowded train stations.... :D

the stench coming off the metal cigarette butt bins that start smokin' away...:p

the freezin' depaato stores and trains during the summer, and the sweltering heat as soon as you leave the trains....:D

havin' to squeeze onto that damned morning rush hour train.... :D

the inability to return items when you find you made a mistake... :(

having to pay air shipment rates for books at Maruzen or any other bookstore selling western books, when you know they get them all sent there by sea rates and marking them up accordingly..... :(

not having a keitai when you're visiting Japan.....

countless others.....

Wow you didn't run out of condoms? Geez, I had like 1/2 of a plastic bag to work with a few before leavin'.,

Josh
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
why run out of condoms when you can just go to the local 7-11 and buy them there?
'course, I didn't socialize as much as you seem to, so.... :D

hmm....there also are them crazy taxi drivers....

and the OLs that assume what you should be like even though they don't know anything about you......just because they watch the info on TV.....but you get that in the States, too, so it's universal... :p
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by den4
why run out of condoms when you can just go to the local 7-11 and buy them there?

Do I need to say why I wouldn't? heh, um let's just say a lot of those places don't carry american brands, I mean Crown condoms were produced in Japan but they were 'designed' for americans.

It's also annoying that it's hella' difficult to find water-based lubricant, I went into Condomania in Harajuku after I first ran out and they sold it by like the tea-spoon in these little tiny-*ss bottles for ten bucks, so now whenever I go back I designate a whole backpack to carry KY-Liquid.

Crown Condoms Representin'!!!!!!
Josh

http://www.KYliquid.com
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
can't understand why a "hip" guy like you not takin' your interests of the "adult" arena and finding a way to introduce them products into Japan, and being your own retailer in that industry, rather than just talkin' and bitchin' about the fact that you can't find them products over there...doesn't seem like an enterprising mindset...and a wasted opportunity....but then there are talkers and then the entrepreneurs.... :D
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by den4
can't understand why a "hip" guy like you not takin' your interests of the "adult" arena and finding a way to introduce them products into Japan, and being your own retailer in that industry, rather than just talkin' and bitchin' about the fact that you can't find them products over there...doesn't seem like an enterprising mindset...and a wasted opportunity....but then there are talkers and then the entrepreneurs.... :D

Good reason for that, I don't want to introduce my way of things entirely, I don't want to be my own retailer, nor do I really want to be a true entrepreneur because that'd give out every secret I have. It's like with my website, as much about my god-likeness and how others can easily achieve such status, I'll still (like i do now) only write half of it in my "Real Japan Guide" because if everyone knew how to be a true player they'd then be their own cheerleader at their own game on the side-lines and I'd have less acknowledgment directed towards me being a pimp. I do have an enterprising mindset but at the same time I'm not out to feed the hungry and all I really care about is myself, capitalizing off other people rather than people benefiting off me in any shape or form, so mainly I'm greedy, I want it all, I want to rule this world or if that's too much of a stretch then my other aspiration is to be a great-grandpa before the age of thirty.

Asian Population Impregnation,
Josh XXX

Ghettocities Clothing (Tokyo 01/02/03)
3'Os, Photos, Videos and Hoes.
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
Good motivations there....but poor execution, since you've already let out half the cat out of the bag....as you so stated.... :D
But, good to know that at least you think you're doing it right, in a greedy fashion, and at least know that you are the great world conquering wannabe...still, being a gran'pa at 30 is probably the most likely outcome out of all that you've said so far...the rest, well, I'll believe it when I see it....good luck, fella..... :D
What? Me not believe you? No, that's not my point.....but so far, let's just say that every world conquering bastard out there so far has fallen way short of the mark, and if you're spending time on this forums responding to bastards like me, then I think you're wasting far too much time here than actually getting out there and doing them big ambitions...:D
But you have my best wishes in that endeavor...perhaps you can create a large enough family that will create that new dynasty of loyal members that will take care of business....at least it's a good start....but pimpin' ain't gonna get you to that world conquering status, unless you have something else in mind...and being the wise person you claim to be, I'm sure that's it....:D Either way...you have a nice set of goals....so let's see some of it on the news, dude.....:D
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by den4
so let's see some of it on the news, dude.....:D

Thanks man for that last response and all I can really say is that it is going down, i'm taking over and that dynasty idea was great, but more so for a gang, like hmm like godfather but with halfjapanese-halfamerican kids all runnin' around for me while I sit in a dusty back office of my family owned udon outlets. I have big goals that can easily be achieved, I just need some time to rhyme.

A Song for XXX videos,
Joshua


)tokyo/2003***
 
Joined
17 Apr 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by eimik
what kinda stuff in japan drove you crazee?

I hate the fact no matter what kinda product you buy/have it has waaay to much wrapping and packaging, its insane.
unwrapping=endless

oh i use to hate how the store clerks constanty greeted you before and after you left the store, it drove me nuts. But i have to admit the service out there is way better than here. In fact customer service in japan totally rules all.

mmm i'll have to think of some more, but now its your turm...

the last time i returned to my home country (australia), and a recent trip abroad (usa) i was in some cases frankly shocked by the pitifulness of the service. i could not believe how unaware the sales people were of their customers. or the way that they suddenly became aware of you the minute you showed that you had cash to spare. the only place i truely found satisfaction was in a duty free store...

service in japan has me spoiled. it would be very difficult to return 'other' standards of service full time... but i suppose one day i will have to!
 
Joined
17 Apr 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by eimik
oh oh oh i know another one...

When people wear shirts that have english messages that dont friggin make sense.

whooooa its crazee.


i am afraid that english speakers' use of kanji (both japanese and chinese) is even more frightening. admittedly it does still amaze me that someone would create advertising etc without one hundred percent checking it first... but more shocking is the apparently complete ignorance shown by many westerners when they ink themselves.

imagine having a tattoo done, having a permant change made to your body, without knowing what it means...! i cannot believe the things i have seen. (sometimes here in tokyo, always amusing to see a couple of junior high school students giggling at the very foolish looking tough guy gaijin cause of what he has on his arm etc).

the funniest thing i have ever seen was in a local shopping mall in las vegas. a large, quite formidable looking biker type guy wearing a pair of black shorts with flames around the bottom of them. ... the amusing fact was that the flames had ツ湘??堋ォ窶堋サ窶堙篠 (yaki soba, fried noodles) written in them... had my friend and i in tears, wanting to take photos. i can assume that he had no idea of it's meaning as we were quite loudly commenting on the fact in japanese, and he did not react in anyway whatsoever...
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
Originally posted by ghettocities
like hmm like godfather but with halfjapanese-halfamerican kids all runnin' around for me while I sit in a dusty back office of my family owned udon outlets. I have big goals that can easily be achieved, I just need some time to rhyme.

and the small goals? Don't jump before you look... :D

Udon outlets, eh? Huh....I'd thought you go after and wipe out the rival yakuzas first, dude....can't have them pimpin' in yo territory.... :D
takin' over da family biz and all that.... :p

why only half american? hell, i'd thought you'd be importin' dem ladies from Thai, China, S. Korea, filipino? and elsewhere.....
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by den4
and the small goals? Don't jump before you look... :D

Udon outlets, eh? Huh....I'd thought you go after and wipe out the rival yakuzas first, dude....can't have them pimpin' in yo territory.... :D
takin' over da family biz and all that.... :p

why only half american? hell, i'd thought you'd be importin' dem ladies from Thai, China, S. Korea, filipino? and elsewhere.....

I'm saying scenario wise, the udon outlet and all is on top of everything else i'm doing and/or going for, skating, record deal, amateur porngraphy director.

They'd be half american because they'd be my children, like you kno, mafia is a family, my will literally be my kids walking around with guns and brass-knuckles (which I found out are pointless to use unless you get a clear shot at their face.)

I won't use Thai, Chinese, korean or filipino because they've already been imported into Japan's seedy underworld and I think they smell like diapers.

A song for XXX videos,
Joshua

Ghettocities Tokyo Promo 2003/04
 

Chokato

Kouhai
Joined
21 Mar 2003
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
lol i always love the wrapping of stuffs, because they are always kind of nice comparing to here. lol, i also got that with the tees, the writing never makes sense.
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by Chokato
lol i always love the wrapping of stuffs, because they are always kind of nice comparing to here. lol, i also got that with the tees, the writing never makes sense.

What about condoms? Those annoy you too?

Josh
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
probably the more annoying habits I've noticed is when some J-OL asks you a question, gets it, then turn quickly to another person (gaijin) just to make sure your opinion is correct...why the hell ask me for an opinion in the first place? But that's the OL mentality for you.... :D
 

den4

先輩
Joined
15 Nov 2002
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
63
Originally posted by ghettocities
What about condoms? Those annoy you too?

would think you'd worry more 'bout da other business than just da condoms, dude....you're limiting yourself again.....
 

ghettocities

後輩
Joined
16 Jun 2002
Messages
796
Reaction score
13
Originally posted by den4
would think you'd worry more 'bout da other business than just da condoms, dude....you're limiting yourself again.....

AHHH! You are so right, I really need to walk into it all with open arms, oohohhohh boohoo what have I done?!?!!!! COW

joshasyou(locked in a choke-hold, neigh!)
 
Top Bottom