What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

An Trading Company

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
My thoughts, in order:

• Hmm, this website is really slow to load
  • OH, they're using the EXACT same Wordpress theme I've used for a website I made. They didn't really do much work to modify it... like at all
  • These prices seem suspiciously low. 1-3k FOB... does that mean that's the cost of the freight itself, in addition to the price of the vehicle?
  • Seems really weird to not have the full prices listed, misleading even.
  • Their privacy policy is incomplete
  • Their Terms of Use page is EMPTY
  • All of the social media links are not to their SNS pages, just literally facebook.com, twitter.com, etc
  • looks like they put the most work into their PAYMENT page, which includes a big red warning about how they aren't liable for "faulty payments"
  • Their bank information is "Al Noor Trading Company," searching for different variants on their address (as the address they give doesn't resolve to anything) I found this website: AL NOOR TRADING CO LTD JAPAN
  • Seems like small used car lot in Saitama that is trying to get into exports maybe? I don't know how trustworthy I'd consider them, based on what I've seen.
  • I'd only do business with them if I were there in person, their web presence is sparse and shady.
  • You're likely to get blindsided, thinking you're getting a good deal for a 10-year-old vehicle, only to find that the price you thought you were quoted is just the cost of getting the vehicle shipped to you.

rome2020

後輩
Reaction score
My thoughts, in order:

• Hmm, this website is really slow to load
  • OH, they're using the EXACT same Wordpress theme I've used for a website I made. They didn't really do much work to modify it... like at all
  • These prices seem suspiciously low. 1-3k FOB... does that mean that's the cost of the freight itself, in addition to the price of the vehicle?
  • Seems really weird to not have the full prices listed, misleading even.
  • Their privacy policy is incomplete
  • Their Terms of Use page is EMPTY
  • All of the social media links are not to their SNS pages, just literally facebook.com, twitter.com, etc
  • looks like they put the most work into their PAYMENT page, which includes a big red warning about how they aren't liable for "faulty payments"
  • Their bank information is "Al Noor Trading Company," searching for different variants on their address (as the address they give doesn't resolve to anything) I found this website: AL NOOR TRADING CO LTD JAPAN
  • Seems like small used car lot in Saitama that is trying to get into exports maybe? I don't know how trustworthy I'd consider them, based on what I've seen.
  • I'd only do business with them if I were there in person, their web presence is sparse and shady.
  • You're likely to get blindsided, thinking you're getting a good deal for a 10-year-old vehicle, only to find that the price you thought you were quoted is just the cost of getting the vehicle shipped to you.
They are scammers, I'm speaking from personal experience. They ask to send a deposit, then they tell you the vehicle cost and shipping has increased. They cheated me out of $1,500 USD.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
They are scammers, I'm speaking from personal experience. They ask to send a deposit, then they tell you the vehicle cost and shipping has increased. They cheated me out of $1,500 USD.
Although it's nice to have my suspicions confirmed, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I wonder if there's any way to report them to the authorities for their scam... does anyone have an idea for that, now that we may actually have a real victim?

mdchachi

Reaction score
For that amount of money I doubt any authority would take any action even if jurisdiction was clear.

rome2020

後輩
Reaction score
luckily I didn't send the full amount, that was only a deposit they may have gotten me out of $4,500

jroari

後輩
Reaction score
I have also bought a car from this company An Trading Corporation. I paid into Al Noor Trading Co Ltd account US$3,800 for a Toyota Harrier with Stock ID No. 88618 two months ago. I am still following up. The contact person has not been talking to me for a while. Can someone from here help?

mdchachi

Reaction score
I have also bought a car from this company An Trading Corporation. I paid into Al Noor Trading Co Ltd account US$3,800 for a Toyota Harrier with Stock ID No. 88618 two months ago. I am still following up. The contact person has not been talking to me for a while. Can someone from here help?
As you can see, this company appears to be fraudulent. But there is nothing we can do here. Maybe you can consult your local authorities or bank about what actions you can take?

jroari

後輩
Reaction score
Aren't there authorities in Japan who can deal with these kinds of scammers and fraudsters?

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Aren't there authorities in Japan who can deal with these kinds of scammers and fraudsters?

Of course, there are, but first, the authorities need to be notified of any wrongdoing. When was the last time you talked to one of An Trading's representatives?

jroari

後輩
Reaction score
Thomas, the last time I talked with a representative from An Trading was last month July 2021. I have all email correspondences and WhatsApp messages.

jroari

後輩
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210816_193722_com.whatsapp.jpg

Top Bottom