What's new

American's Threatened In Japan??

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
There was a small news blurb this morning about a
threat against Americans living in Japan. It mentioned a possible bombing attack against American's living & working in Japan; but offered no details. Has anyone in Japan received any warning about possible attacks??
I wish I had more info, but the news offered none.

Frank

:?

I don't think Japan is the kind of place where Americans are in danger. :p

First of all, most Japanese can't even tell an American from other Westerners apart.

Then with the number of English-teaching Americans in Japan, that wouldn't make sense, as almost any Japanese aspire to speak English fluently (yes, even the elderly people who have experience WWII, and can't actually speak a word of English, but would like to).

I know this discussion is a month old, but I may be able to clear it up. From the U.S. Embassy, May 10:

"The U.S. Mission in Tokyo has received information, through the Internet,
about a possible bomb attack against the American Embassy during the week of
May 10.

We are unable at this time to determine the credibility of the threat, but
we feel it is our responsibility to take all such information seriously and
to share this with the American Community. The appropriate Japanese
authorities have been notified."

But not to worry. These notices come through every few weeks and have been for a long time now. If you'd like to get frightened regularly, you can sign up to be on the emailing list and get the Embassy security warnings as they come out.

THANKS BlogD !!

I never did find out what I heard part of. Thank you for clearing it up!

Frank

:)

You can actually view the Tokyo US Embassy site for news like that in the future. They also send out alerts and security things if you register through their site for it. I know it was a little off topic but I thought I would add it.

This is why I travel with my Canadian passport as opposed to my USA passport (im a dual citizen)... America seems to be getting a lot of bad rep latley in a lot of parts of the world... >.>

Back
Top Bottom