What's new

Am I an otaku?

code7rei

後輩
8 Sep 2003
i'm 19/m. i have this little problem about anime : i like it too much! i feel very sad and pain in my heart after watching tragedy anime such as evangelion or saikano. i don't smile or laugh for several days without any reason whatsoever. very often i act like characters i've seen without realize it. i often use japanese words even my friends don't understand me. and maybe the worst part, i'm in love (deeply in love) with an anime girl, and lose interest in real girls. i can't go on like this forever.. someone pls tell me what to do?

yes you are an otaku. my suggestion to you is to find the very rare and elusive female anime otaku. she should be able to understand you and your japanese. happy hunting.

to feel emotions because of watching a good tragedy anime or to laugh because of a funny one is the same with me. I think anime-girls are cute and the guys always look cool, but to fall in love with a drawing? no way, my friend... Seek your luck in the reality... Good luck 🙂

Find a hobby that gets you out of the house and around other people. It could be an anime club even, as long as it is at something like a community center and not your house. It might be even better to find something that doesn't involve anime. The good thing is you have recognized you are otaku and want to change. Good luck.

demo jeisan

coute: yes you are an otaku. my suggestion to you is to find the very rare and elusive female anime otaku. she should be able to understand you and your japanese. happy hunting.

we otaku females are so strange ^-^ myself Im a brother traind otaku (from otaku for otaku little girl :p) that means onii chan grew me up with anime and video games and J music and stuff >< but thats so odd. besides female otaku (atleast in my country) have this gender bending tendency >< really anoying thing.

😌 just enjoy being an otaku its fun and we are a very friendly comunity ppl around you will always help ^-^ and we are usualy the ones that are more happy because it takes so little to make us happy, see just sending you a picture (maybe a good one) of this anime girl you are in love with will make you happy and almost gratefull besides ^-^ most otaku are considered cuties among girls (not the kind we date but the kind we make friends with and squeeezee all day) one day you'll find her ^-^ 👍 gambatte ^-^

"most otaku are considered cuties among girls (not the kind we date but the kind we make friends with and squeeezee all day)"

how's that supposed to help him~

look. girls don't like nerdboys sittin in them rooms , getting of at anime girls~~get a life~~👏

not true!

-look. girls don't like nerdboys sittin in them rooms , getting of at anime girls~~get a life~~-
you chould change that to most girls don't like nerdboys siting in .....
se first of all >< nerdboys (geekboys) that's better, and all my geekboys friends (that are otaku) and my otaku relatives (cousints and brother) all of them have girl friends ^-^; so there it is not imposible its just a little harder

as I sayed ^-^ 👏 😄 one day you'll find her ^-^ gambatte

Originally posted by code7rei
i'm 19/m. i have this little problem about anime : i like it too much! i feel very sad and pain in my heart after watching tragedy anime such as evangelion or saikano. i don't smile or laugh for several days without any reason whatsoever. very often i act like characters i've seen without realize it. i often use japanese words even my friends don't understand me. and maybe the worst part, i'm in love (deeply in love) with an anime girl, and lose interest in real girls. i can't go on like this forever.. someone pls tell me what to do?
I'm going to go out on a limb on this one and it may be hard for you to follow but here we go: STOP WATCHING ANIME! Watching anime is no different then doing anything else in excess (eg. smoking, alcohol) If you think you have a problem you probably do. Stop looking to for some magical fix because there isn't.

i thought his original post was a joke. i don't think theres a way for someone to seriously be in love with a cartoon charactor, infatuatred maybe but not in love. in which case, if this isn't a joke, he'll get over it.

lyn, why wouldn't you want to date a guy that you can "make friends with and squeeezee all day"

Originally posted by jeisan
i thought his original post was a joke.

no jeisan, its not a joke. i'm really in love with this girl, Miyamori Ayano. she is a character from a game called Private Nurse. there was a scene that i thought she was die. that made my heart feel so hurt, i can't see anything, and i thought i was going to pass out. thank lord i was wrong.

for Lyn, thank you, thank you very much. you're so kind, i mean it.

Serious Help

Dude not to be blunt or rude but you seriously need to go see a pshyciatrist or something dont get me wrong or anything but you need some serious help if your truly in love with a manga girl dude.
-MangaMan

Attachments

• america3.gif
    america3.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 218
This isn't the first time I've seen this. Get professional help as soon as you can. Or at least try to pick up one of those cute anime otaku gals at an animecon or something. Hell knows they've never kissed a real guy either. Hope you realize that whacking off to anime means you've reached the bottom of the barrel. Next stop - Star Trek. All ashore that's going ashore.

jeisan who says I wouldnt?

I just say normal comon girls wouldn't ^-^; you see dating otaku is .... ツャツャ well not exactly the kind of boyfriend to hang around normal ppl ( visual ppl or ppl that enjoy >< going to malls and err
buying clothe and stuff ><) starting by the fact that most of them would get bored to death in any normal activity (or most of them I enjoy some myself) ツャツャ and most otaku are not good a sports suffer from 1 or more alergies err ^-^; standart things

Ive been dating geeks all my life ^-^ truly deeply in love with them they are almost perfect boyfiends (but need very very special girl friends) the kind that would watch anime and play video games with them ;) jeje ^-^; tho I really think code7rei should find himeself a true girl friend >< because things can get bad with guys in love with anime girls ツャツャ but I guess most other guy's in here know it isnt the easiest thing in the world to get a girl (specialy for geeks,otaku,nerd,computing ppl &/or others)

😊 sorry I cant help about it but I live in the end of the world :) litteraly (that's what the name of the country means ><...)

Probably I'm an otaku, too. You look at an anime girl and - ok - she IS cute (they are all cute...^^") BUT: If you look at a real girl, in her beautiful eyes, you could drown in, her smooth skin, her lips and a lot more - an anime-gal can't compete with the original!!

Just curious, are you otakus outside of Japan a stigmatized group?
By the way, any otaku out there a fan of Japanese contemporary art work by artists like Yoshitomo Nara, Takashi Murakami, Momoya Torimitsu? i like to hear what you folks think about them?

i saw some cute girls in akihabara going crazy in the gundam shop, giggling and grabbing things like male otaku do
i was like whoa! what is the world is coming to?!!

I say it's okay to watch anime...and feel the emotions that the writers were hoping that you would feel...it's good to watch it and feel it...but not good to live it...you need to draw a line between reality and anime because right now it sounds a little blurred. Trust me there are girls who like anime a lot too...I happen to be one of them. Join and anime club or something and meet one of them, or go to a bookstore and scope out the manga section. If they have chairs pull one off the shelf and read one, see if any female anime/manga fans come along. Even if they like shoujo and lets say you like something different at least it's common ground to stand on, ne?

My suggestion is to look for professional help. Dating an otaku girl won't help at all, it'll just keep you more alienated.
It's usually good to be with someone who shares the same interests, but would you date an alcoholic girl just because you suffer from the same illness?
No offense, but considering your state, doing this will
only bring you harm. Keep it easy, decrease your daily anime dose and don't forget to pay a visit to the psychiatrist, he (she) is the only one qualified to advise you. Also talk to your parents, I'm sure they'll understand and be prepared to help you. Then you could look for an otaku girl.
No matter what, anything in excess is harmful.
I've been through this (not me, but my ex-girlfriend) before and it's also related to these otaku clubs mentioned above. I'll talk about it later, gotta go.
Just my 2 cents.
My best regards.

*smiles* Where I live there really aren't many that can even claim to be "otaku" most know anime because of like Cartoon Network and that's not even completely good anime....

so on the topic of anime...do you prefer subtitled or dubbed? Me I'm iffy on it because there are certain ones where the voices in Japanese drive me insane but yet i can handle the English voices or sometimes vice versa....

Back
Top Bottom