What's new

Allow myself to introduce...myself. (Johnson)

johnson

後輩
12 Jul 2005
info about japan

hello,
just wanted to introduce myself. you may call me casper. my son has just arrived in japan , or rather okiniwa where he will be stationed at for 2 years. he is a us marine, and 20 years old . so any information i can get on the cultures or news about fapan , or okiniwa will be of help to me in dealing with my son being so far away from home . :) I am in oklahoma usa , we have lived here all our lives, the weather here right now is humid and hot . what is the weather like there this time of year . what is the time difference there from here? it is 9 46 am tuesday july 12th here , so i wounder what time and day it is there. what are prices for everything there , are the people friendly , etc. etc. i want to know all i can about japan and okiniwa . especially the big insects there what kind and are they poisonous . my son is already working on trying to learn the language there , is it hard to learn . what does it cost to call from here to there , or there to the united states . please tell me everything . well enough for now , more later . look forward to hearing from you . semper fi,
casper

:)

Greetings and welcome! I took the liberty of splitting your post from Rori's intro thread btw. Anyways, nice intro. I commend you for taking an interest in Japan. Feel free to check out and contribute to our forums. You should be able to find plenty of good info re: Japan in general. :cool:

Hi Johnson ! Welcome To The Forum !!

Congrats on having a son willing to do his duty; you raised him right I'd say. Don't be afraid to read through the old posts(they go back to 2002 I think) and to use the search function to find lots of info. Maybe you can get your son to join us here at JREF, military usually have access to the internet.
Anyway, Casper, glad you found JREF, welcome to the family! Semper Fi !

Frank

🙂

Back
Top Bottom