What's new

Albino cucumber

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
In Yukuhashi, Fukuoka Prefecture local fishermen have found the first specimen of a white sea cucumber (namako). They handed it over to a local research institute - for free.

=> zakzak.co.jp/top/t-2002_12/3t2002121416.html

ギョッ! 魚市場に全身真っ白なナマコ
買い手はなく研究所に寄贈

福岡県行橋市の魚市場で、約300キロのナマコの中から全身が真っ白なナマコが1匹見つかり、市場関係者を驚かせている。競りに掛けられたが、おいしそうには見えなかったらしい。結局買い手はなく、県水産海洋技術センター豊前海研究所に寄贈されてしまった。

白ナマコは12月11日早朝、北九州市門司区沖合で水揚げされたクロナマコやアオナマコに交ざっていた。体長は普通のナマコと同じで約20センチ、重さ約115グラム。市場の鮮魚担当、宮原稔夫さん(51)は「絵の具のように真っ白だった。30年以上市場で仕事をしてきたが、白ナマコは初めて」とびっくり。

魚市場には時々、アカナマコも水揚げされ「紅白そろって縁起が良い」と年末年始の大漁に期待の声も。

同センターによると、白ナマコは「アルビノ」と呼ばれる突然変異だが、味は普通のナマコと変わらないのではないかという。

:emoji_wink:

namako.jpg

from an american stand point, handing it over for free just slays me. One of the first selfless things I have seen done in a while. Too sweet to see that there are still things on this crazy planet that we haven't discovered yet.

I guess we need to find the square triangle next....or guess what the original question to the answer of 42 was....or find out why there are multiple universes popping into existence all the time, causing more problems than we need at this time.... :D

den4 :eek:

I have never seen anything like that in my lifetime, yuk!!!! (hehe) but still , now I have a bit of knowledge no-one else here has 👏

Back
Top Bottom