What's new

airports and airplanes

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
" pfff i cant really sleep, its 3 in the morning and i need to wake up in 1 hour from now, and i just slept around 30minutes! i hope this will be enough sleep. well what ever because I'm going on HOLIDAY!!!! WHOEEHOEEEE 🙂 but yeah let me try to get some sleep first. :sleep:

well i got some sleep, and all my backs are packed, now lets go to the airport!!! good that my parent bring me there, because i don't want to go there with public transport, goshhh my parents are so nice!!! " MOM STOP CRYING PLEASE, I WILL JUST GO FOR A MONTH!!!" :( :(

so its 7 o'clock now and i need to rush with checking in.. oww god where do i need to check in??? after asking to some cute looking female i finally found the place were i need to check in.. huh? what are this machines? owww E-TICKETS... love the way the put something in new,, and you still need to figure out how it works.. but need to RUSH RUSH... so a to smart steward comes and help me out with it.. everything settled and my bags are fine, so i can go behind the customs!!

pfff finally i can sit down now, go to some cafe, STARBUCKSSSS to get some really great coffee , this is such a great feeling!!!!!!!! all i need to do now is buy some magazines because i don't want to be bored in the airplane ( there are just a couple of monitors in the plane,, so i can not F&&&*king switch channels, so probably i need to watch some movie like GODZILLA, or ET.. or even worser: BRIDGET JONES DIARY :unsure:

after all that shopping , i bought to much already ( damm credit cards) I'm finally sitting in the airplane, i got a window seat ( YES YES YES YES YES YES WHOEHOEEEEEEEEE SO HAPPY.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and the plane is waiting for starting... suddenly i feel something , the plane starts moving, faster and faster, being pushed back in my seat... when the roller coaster feeling is coming!!!! and I'm thinking : " WERE FLYING, HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " 😄 😄 😄 😎

... i think almost everybody agrees with me, that Flying is great, and airports are wonderful!!! what is your flying, airport experience? what did you like, and what did you hate? etc etc

Looking forward to hear your experiences!!!! 🙂

Last edited:
I never flew before. But I will next summer. I'm so jealous now, everyone I know has either been or going to another country. Oh goodness it's not fair, I want to travel, too. :( :( I want to get out of the midwest.

Boy , My Last Flight Was A Mess !!!

We have to get to the airport now 2 hours ahead of time to go through security. We finally get on the plane and the say they can't leave, only 1 toilet works. We have to be in Atlanta to catch our transfer flight to Florida, Disney World, in 2 hours. 1 hour later the toilet is fixed, they have de-iced us 3 times and it's snowing like crazy. They back the plane out and start the engines, only 1 engine won't start. Back to the teriminal for repairs, no spare plane. Then we find out no mechanics are stationed in Portland, have to bring some in from Boston. 3 hours latter, we get off the ground, praying the plane doesn't fall apart, so many problems. We know by now we have missed our Atlanta flight, but figure Delta would call ahead and make some arrangements since there is a whole planeload of missed connections by now. We get to circleing Atlanta and I make a joke about how I hope the wheels come down the way this plane has been. Half an hour of circleing the airport and we wonder what's the delay now. Pilot comes on and says the wheels won't go down, at least that's what the little light in the cockpit tells him. We circle for 1 hour more to burn up fuel and get into crash positions whit our heads down and seatbelts pulled tight. Turns out the light was bad and the wheels were OK; glad we didn't need all the crash equipment waiting on the ground for us. I could go on for ever about the hassels in the terminal. To make a long story shot, 12 hours later, we finally got to Disney World.
I can't wait to see what happens September 11 this year when we "TRY" to fly to Washington, D. C. !!

Frank

😊

Last Xmas was my first flying experience, it was quite nice to see the scenery above the clouds and get an overview of Siberia at night :) But being stuck on the airplane for more than 10 hours is annoying, especially when u listened to every song twice, saw all 4 movies 3 times :eek:

But I can't wait for my trip to China this summer 🙂 :p 👍

RockLee said:
Last Xmas was my first flying experience, it was quite nice to see the scenery above the clouds and get an overview of Siberia at night :) But being stuck on the airplane for more than 10 hours is annoying, especially when u listened to every song twice, saw all 4 movies 3 times :eek:

But I can't wait for my trip to China this summer 🙂 :p 👍

You're going to China!! NO FAIR!! 😭 😭

wow frank!!! which airlines were that??? i never hope to get such a crazy flight like that!!!! ma cherie!!! your time will come ;) , rock can i visit you in china after i come back from japan!!!!

when i had a flight from amsterdam to kuala lumpur , and we almost landed ( 1 hour to go) some people start talking on the radio, but really loud, and in a strange langauge i really didnt understand, and i saw people looking strange, even the stewards were looking confused. i was a bit afraid it was a hijack or something, but after 5minutes the guys started talking english, and said it was for the Norway tv ( damm norways scared the hell out of me!!!!)

you are right about the long hours rock, i had a 5 hour flight from brisbane to perth, 4,5 hour flight to kuala lumpur, and then a 13 hour flight to amsterdam ( 22,5 hour) and that ALL IN 1 DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... happy the woman looked that nice!!

Oh boy, Frank ! I most assuredly can relate .. got me reminiscing somewhat .. see if you agree...

(Proviso – my frequent flying days are pretty much over, so some of the conditions have now changed – but I have more recollections than I've had hot dinners. Many things come to mind, so....)

Things I love (..or used to love...) about flying...

1)The general hustle and bustle of airports – with folks coming and going from all over the world! Exciting!

2)Anticipation of going somewhere I've never been before.

3)The spectacular views you get of your home (or any other) town on take-off and landing.

4)The Eastern Airlines flight attendant who had to sit on my lap to allow a very large passenger to navigate the aisle... (a cherished memory..!)

5)The free booze (then...not now...!)

6)Fellow passengers who sometimes became most entertaining (after the free booze...)

7)The general esoteric and slightly unnatural nature of the whole experience.

Things I hate (..and still do...) about flying...

1)Crowded airports exhaustingly full of folks from all over the world, not knowing where to go and what to do and generally making a lot of noise and life intolerable for everybody within two miles.

2)The misery of knowing that you're forced to travel to somewhere that you visited once ... and hoped you'd never have to go again.

3)The misery of not being able to sleep on an eight hour night-flight.

4)Finding yourself between two very large ladies – both of whom fall asleep...one on each shoulder.

5)The cheerful grin on the face of the Eastern Airlines flight attendant who observed 4) above!

6)Being told that you are being diverted to a delightful settlement called ツ"Kuujuurapikツ" - and may have to return to your original destination if the weather doesn't clear up.

7)Being told (after you're in the air) that your DC10 has been delayed for two hours on take-off because they had one hell of a job closing the cargo door – which is just a few feet under your seat. ....and that the guy next to you now tells you that he was on stand-by ... and regardless of his seating arrangement is actually a non smoker .... and promptly starts an allergic nose-bleed all over your pants!

8)Fellow passengers who become a total pain in the *** (after the free booze..).

9)Finding yourself ツ"on stand-byツ".

10)Jerks behind you who insist on kicking the back of your seat at the drop of a trouser leg.

11)Jerks in front of you who insist in rapidly putting their seat into ツ"full reclineツ" justafter you've balanced your drink on the tray....

12)The whole plane load of ツ"first time fliersツ" who immediately gather their bags and start lining up in the aisle to exit ... before the skipper has even lined up the ramp!

13)USair Captains – who were notorious for spiralling in to most airports like kamikaze pilots and dumping us like a load of bricks on the runway.

14)The guy who didn't tighten up the securing bolt to a small panel on the wing of a BAC 111 I was once on – watching it whip off the wing followed by a thick trail of oil ... was just too alarming!

15)and finally ... the Air Canada flight attendant on a flight from London to Toronto, who – with some panache, but much sarcasm asked of myself and a fellow passenger (during the free booze) ... ツ"Would you gentlemen like some food with your meal ....?ツ"

Cheeky *****! (I quote my fellow passenger).

Ah ... Per Ardua ad Astra !

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

Sensuikan San, those are funny.

I only have hands full of flying experience, but being at the airport always excited me.

One time I was going to Hawaii with my friend, we got to the airport 2 or 3 hours before our check in, so we just hang around and used the facility. Then we were about to get in line for check in, we found a few of our friends were taking off to Jamaica. All of us were pretty excited about each others' trip and started an endless conversation.

After 20 minutes or so, we heard our names in the announcement of the passengers who hadn't checked in.
We rushed through the check in counter, got beeped at the security gate(I always make that thing go off with my belt, and it's annoying.), but we made it.

I also like jet lag when I first land in a different time zone.

Sensuikan San said:
1)The general hustle and bustle of airports – with folks coming and going from all over the world! Exciting!
That's what I thought of too :) It was my first time flying and looking for my airplane was not difficult.Waiting for the lift-off was exiting...and felt really cool :)
Hmm..then there was this reaaally pretty Japanese flight attendant...wich (maybe it's my imagination :p) seemed to smile at me everytime she passed.Things started to get complicated once I arrived in Japan and had to look at the english signs to get to where I had to be.Hmm...not to mention the subway at Narita Airport!! I stored my luggage for about 300y for a few hours and went off in search for Narita temple (had to look up 'temple' haha).Then I met this girl/woman with her baby in the arms wich knew some english and asked her about where the temple was ^^, afterwards she asked me where I was from and what I came for :) Her kid looked soooo cute, had to resist his cuteness hehe.So I went to the temple and after I finished I returned to the airport.On the way back I met this guy who was waiting for the subway, his sister was having her wedding and he had to go there :).After all this,I felt so good of my first experience on my own in a strange country :) Then I went back to the AP, picked up my bags and had to wait another 2 hours until I could check in.
2)Anticipation of going somewhere I've never been before.
That's the most wonderful feeling one can have I think :)
3)The spectacular views you get of your home (or any other) town on take-off and landing.
I concur, so wonderful..I can't wait to see it again !

5)The free booze (then...not now...!)
That's the thing I liked besides the pretty Fl. attendants :p

7)The general esoteric and slightly unnatural nature of the whole experience.
It's a strange feeling, I have to give u that :)

Things I hate (..and still do...) about flying...

3)The misery of not being able to sleep on an eight hour night-flight.
Yeah, my biggest problem, had such a jetlag because of that :(

7)Being told (after you're in the air) that your DC10 has been delayed for two hours on take-off because they had one hell of a job closing the cargo door – which is just a few feet under your seat. ....and that the guy next to you now tells you that he was on stand-by ... and regardless of his seating arrangement is actually a non smoker .... and promptly starts an allergic nose-bleed all over your pants!
Luckily didn't have any problems like that 😊

11)Jerks in front of you who insist in rapidly putting their seat into ツ"full reclineツ" justafter you've balanced your drink on the tray....
Didn't have those problems either...I would've told them not to if they did :p

13)USair Captains – who were notorious for spiralling in to most airports like kamikaze pilots and dumping us like a load of bricks on the runway.
Haha, that's just sooo funny :p

Back
Top Bottom