What's new

Ai no Uta

Da Monstar

後輩
25 Sep 2005
Hi, I just saw all the episodes for Ai no Uta last night (yeah it was a little longer than what I had expected :D)

I really think it has a great plot, really good acting and is a really emotional serie.

For those of you who don't know the plot:
A young girl named Yoko Matsuda tries to drown herself because she have lived a life of loneliness, growing up in an low class apartment with a mother that didn't care for her, and without knowing her father. She has never experienced happieness.

She fails to drown herself, and is taking to a hospital by three policemen named Kataoka, Yagimura and Iizuka. She claims to ahve lost her memory and no longer remember about who so is or where she comes from.
Kataoka, A very warm and emotional man with a big smile, brings her home with him to take care of her while she is recovering. Kataoka is the father of 3 young children, and his wife had died only 3 years before this. The children grows found of Yoko. Yoko is used to happieness and so she runs away, but after she finds out that they are searching for her, she is suprised by the fact that someone is caring for her.
She gets excepted into the family and takes the name Ai. She is given love and care by all the characters, and she doesn't know why. therefore she starts trying to earn their love, by "Growing up" herself and becoming responsible and caring for other people.
I guess you could say she is a piece of frozen ice that melts through the series as she gets more feelings.

She falls in love with kataoka, and is more happy than she could ever be. Also Kataoka has fallen in love with her, but that he isn't able to have a loverelationship with her, but that he is very happy that she will stay with him and the children.

Kataoka tells her that he is suffering from an illness with no cure, and that he has less than 6 month left to live. Kataoka has knewed this the whole time (as it is explained to him by a doctor in episode 1.) but has kept it a secret to evryone because he an't everyone to feel happy, His warm personality and his way of smiling all the time was just a cover for making his last time on earth the best for his children and his friends.

A very good short serie on 10 episodes, about 7ツス hour long total. Featuring: Miho Kanno, Kijo Tamaki

for those who sound interested, you can view it for free on Winamp online Shoutcast TV, its currently airing on one of the genius server of www.aznv.tv so be fast if you wanna se it. If you need help with getting you winamp to view it, try contacting me cause I'll be glad to help.

I would like to hear you comments about if you've seen it.

i just started watching this (finished only episode 1), so i am not going to bother to read the original post for fear of spoilers
but that kanno miho is in it, she looks so weird yet so fine
excellent actress she blew the screen up in koi ga shitai with her furui stalker style
i am ordering the whole thing
if her photobook hadn't been so heavy, would have bought it -- the book-off over on gaien dori in shinjuku has it for $32 i think

yeah she seems wierd in this show. But thats part of her role. Therefore I think it is brilliant acting, especially by Koji Tamaki who has the lead male role.

he seems too calm (or understanding) for me
but that may be me pinning my own assertations about particular scenes on him

I think the Calm and understanding role is very important in this movie. As it ads a whole more sentimal theme to it than just being about a misfortunate girl who finds happieness.

I haven't heard or Seen Tamaki-san in any other movies so it was my first experience with him as an actor. Must say he did impress me.

Back
Top Bottom