What's new

Art AI Generated Japan Images

Topics, threadsm and news related to Japanese art and artists
So, 'unicycles'?

:unsure:
Whatever randomly comes to my mind. Here's another.

a crocheted samurai armor
crocheted-samurau-armor.jpg

In reference to this post may I present

old men standing covering their ears near a playground with kids because they're upset about the noise

This technology is going to be a real threat to the stock photo business if it isn't already.
nagano-old-man-upset-playground-noise.jpg

Just keeping the thread going...

somebody experiencing a Japanese washlet bidet for the first time
1683767222799.png

somebody experiencing a Japanese washlet bidet for the first time in a glass room surrounded by nature
1683767240234.png

Maybe try this one to see what it creates? (edit: I guess you have to feed it text, rather than an image--not sure of the prompts that would generate something like this) ((and edit edit: 賓頭盧 びんずる, or 仏像 ぶつぞう))

red.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe try this one to see what it creates? (edit: I guess you have to feed it text, rather than an image--not sure of the prompts that would generate something like this)
The problem is that I have to create these images from text and I don't know what this kind of statue is called.

This is the closest I could get

a weathered, wooden, sitting, smiling, skinny ascetic statue wearing a red bib in a Japanese temple
1683840320234.png

Here are some other iterations I tried
a weathered wooden jizo statue wearing a bib in a Japanese temple
1683840403775.png

a weathered, wooden, sitting, smiling buddha statue wearing a bib in a Japanese temple
1683840460614.png

The problem is that I have to create these images from text and I don't know what this kind of statue is called.
I added the japanese terms on edit--is it possible to use those? Or, just wooden statue of buddha (not sure of the 'clothing' prompts that might work)?

I added the japanese terms on edit--is it possible to use those? Or, just wooden statue of buddha (not sure of the 'clothing' prompts that might work)?
It can't read the Japanese characters but I used the description in Wikipedia. This is the best I could do.

a wooden Bindora Baradaja statue in a Japanese temple with a shaku or a sutra box and a feather fan, wearing red and white bibs and children's caps, old and weathered
1683843580469.png

The problem is that I have to create these images from text, and I don't know what this kind of statue is called.

This is a statue of Binzuru (賓頭盧, びんずる), an arhat. From our media gallery:

3423-91aa0dc2c737bf4623e685e4568346fa.jpg 7289-976ccaaf9ebb3e2c614eadcb10ea1116.jpg

Binzuru (Pindola Bharadvaja)

Religion  Binzuru (Pindola Bharadvaja)

Binzuru (Sanskrit: Piṇḍola Bhāradvāja) was one of the original followers of the historical Buddha and was said to have been a close associate of the Buddha's cousin and attendant, Ananda. He is revered explicitly in Mahayana and Zen Buddhism and is often depicted in Buddhist art. Binzuru (賓頭盧)...

Tonight's news says they are worried that AI generated videos will have a major bad effect on the 2024 election. I've seen a few that are so well done , you really believe the person in the video is saying whatever they program it to. I picture there will be new laws passed to prevent misinformation being passed off as real. As always , there are people predicting AI will be the downfall of life as we know it. I'm sure all the older people will get worried about new technology that is difficult to understand.

Tonight's news says they are worried that AI generated videos will have a major bad effect on the 2024 election. I've seen a few that are so well done , you really believe the person in the video is saying whatever they program it to. I picture there will be new laws passed to prevent misinformation being passed off as real. As always , there are people predicting AI will be the downfall of life as we know it. I'm sure all the older people will get worried about new technology that is difficult to understand.
I'm worried about it. Even without this technology many people believe lies purely based on word of mouth. Like the whole "Q" ridiculousness.

One of my employers is an academic proofreading company based in Amsterdam whose customers are mainly students. The amount of work I've received from the company has plummeted this year, and the jury is still out on whether this is mainly because of the cost of living crisis or the increased use of AI.

One of my employers is an academic proofreading company based in Amsterdam whose customers are mainly students. The amount of work I've received from the company has plummeted this year, and the jury is still out on whether this is mainly because of the cost of living crisis or the increased use of AI.

In an ideal world, the advancement of AI and machine learning would mean that meaningless grunt work would be outsourced to automation, freeing human beings to have the time to do what humans are best equipped to do, like create art and music and words.

Instead, we're seeing a world where megacorps and wealthy investors outsource human creativity to machines, putting countless people out of work and/or at serious risk for future prospects.

Combine this with the fact that land and real estate and everything has all long since been bought up by old money or is being bought up by billionaire investors who don't even need the land or housing to actually, well, you know, live, and you just have this world where anyone who isn't from family money and/or isn't one of the oligarchs or the tech bros leading the AI/crypto/metaverse/whatever charge is just going to be more and more marginalized and pushed to the edges of society.

And the most depressing thing is that literally almost no one seems to give a ****. Everyone's so distracted by all the shiny new tech that they don't seem to even realize, much less care about what the repercussions of all this are for the average person who just wants to live a decent life and enjoy everyday pleasures without constantly being forced to worry about if they're going to be able to put a ******* roof over their head or food on the table for more than a couple of months at a time.

Is this what we've come to? A world where someone who just wants to make a living, raise a family, and find some kind of fulfillment as a teacher, a writer, whatever can't even do that without being subject to the whims and whimsy of tech venture capitalists, hedge fund managers, and billionaire man-children like Elon ******* Musk?

It's all very bleak and, quite honestly, makes me glad that I'm rapidly entering (if not having already entered) the latter half of my life, rather than trying to start out just from now.

Last edited:
In an ideal world, the advancement of AI and machine learning would mean that meaningless grunt work would be outsourced to automation, freeing human beings to have the time to do what humans are best equipped to do, like create art and music and words.

Instead, we're seeing a world where megacorps and wealthy investors outsource human creativity to machines, putting countless people out of work and/or at serious risk for future prospects.

Combine this with the fact that land and real estate and everything has all long since been bought up by old money or is being bought up by billionaire investors who don't even need the land or housing to actually, well, you know, live, and you just have this world where anyone who isn't from family money and/or isn't one of the oligarchs or the tech bros leading the AI/crypto/metaverse/whatever charge is just going to be more and more marginalized and pushed to the edges of society.

And the most depressing thing is that literally almost no one seems to give a . Everyone's so distracted by all the shiny new tech that they don't seem to even realize, much less care about what the repercussions of all this are for the average person who just wants to live a decent life and enjoy everyday pleasures without constantly being forced to worry about if they're going to be able to put a *** roof over their head or food on the table for more than a couple of months at a time.

Is this what we've come to? A world where someone who just wants to make a living, raise a family, and find some kind of fulfillment as a teacher, a writer, whatever can't even do that without being subject to the whims and whimsy of tech venture capitalists, hedge fund managers, and billionaire man-children like Elon ******* Musk?

It's all very bleak and, quite honestly, makes me glad that I'm rapidly entering (if not having already entered) the latter half of my life, rather than trying to start out just from now.
To be fair, the company that I mentioned has recently introduced AI to try and reduce the grunt work, which is what AI should be used for: before I get a document to edit, it has been checked by AI (reasonably well but not perfectly) to get rid of obvious mistakes like the the one I have deliberately introduced into this sentence.

As a freelancer whose mental health is strongly correlated with the amount of work he has, I see exactly where you are coming from. Most people in my profession feel that things are very precarious, and I often accept jobs that involve working long and strange hours because I feel that I cannot afford not to.

To be fair, the company that I mentioned has recently introduced AI to try and reduce the grunt work, which is what AI should be used for: before I get a document to edit, it has been checked by AI (reasonably well but not perfectly) to get rid of obvious mistakes like the the one I have deliberately introduced into this sentence.
Okay, I'll bite--what's the mistake? :unsure:

Read the sentence very slowly word by word. My commas are lovely, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom