What's new

Art AI Generated Japan Images

Topics, threadsm and news related to Japanese art and artists

mdchachi

6 Mar 2003
A thread dedicated to AI generated images related to Japan. The new Bing AI chat/search has Dall-E integration built in so it's very easy to generate.
Here are a few "Tokyo" images I generated today trying to get some PC wallpapers.

dall-e-tokyo8.jpg

dall-e-tokyo7.jpg

dall-e-tokyo5.jpg

dall-e-tokyo3.jpg

Here are some Harajuku Girls that look passable. I won't upload the others because they are too creepy.

harajukugirls.jpg

Kind of glad this info came up. I've been collecting a bunch of really weird Japanese women's pictures. I wondered how the artist could do so many weird shots and thought he must use puppets or something. Now I have learned they are AI generated.

View attachment 102399View attachment 102400View attachment 102401View attachment 102402View attachment 102403 These are just a few that caught my eye. I saved them as avatars. I was thinking it must cost a fortune to make all the costumes for hundreds of pictures. Now I see they must all be done with AI art.
Definitely not photography but this could be real digital art. But if the artist is spitting them out quickly they are probably AI. Or possibly AI with some modifications.

Oh nevermind, definitely AI. The messed up hands/fingers are a dead giveaway.

I asked for "the streets of Shimokitazawa Japan near the Mister Donuts shop"
shimo.jpg

This is what the location actually looks like
1682520931062.png

In the second castle 'photo', the sky is certainly not photorealistic, and when asking for photorealism it seems odd that that would be the output.

But on the other hand, it does have a unique look to it. Maybe isolated (castle removed) and inverted, it might be mountains, or a big dish of ice cream?

In the second castle 'photo', the sky is certainly not photorealistic, and when asking for photorealism it seems odd that that would be the output.

But on the other hand, it does have a unique look to it. Maybe isolated (castle removed) and inverted, it might be mountains, or a big dish of ice cream?
I think it was because I was revising or adding on to a previous request. Here's a request for a photorealistic image of Matsumoto Castle starting from scratch.

matsumoto-castle.jpg

I asked for a "black and white photo of Shibuya Crossing in the 1960s":

shibuya-crossing-01.jpg shibuya-crossing-02.jpg

And a "photo-realistic image of Nakamise and Sensoji in Asakusa:

nakamise-01.jpg nakamise-02.jpg nakamise-03.jpg nakamise-04.jpg

Bing wouldn't allow me to ask for an ukiyo-e print of Tokugawa Ieyasu and his generals in the Battle of Sekigahara. In fact, any reference to Ieyasu resulted in a "Violation against Content Policy for Usage of Image Creator from Microsoft Bing". I reported it.

Back a month or two ago, in the dark ages of AI image generation, I tried asking it for something with a bicycle.

Apparently, getting a bike believably right is as hard for AI is as making hands look good.

throngs of tourists forming an impromptu flash mob during Golden Week in Japan with famous landmarks

golden-week-flash-mob-japan-ai.jpg

throngs of Japanese school girls forming an impromptu flash mob during Golden Week in Japan with famous landmarks dancing in AK48 style
1682897661077.png

throngs of Japanese school girls riding unicycles forming an impromptu flash mob during Golden Week in Japan with famous landmarks dancing in AK48 style
1682897998438.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom