What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Advanced Japanese book

Kama

Okama XD
Reaction score
I'd like to buy a book for advanced learners of Japanese. I'm going to take JLPT 2 test. Know any good book? It doesn't have to be in English.

Also, do you know any good kanji learning book? If they don't write the history/ethymology of kanji the better. the book has to be clear, I am visual person.

Charles Barkley

TNT Basketball Analyst
Reaction score
When do you plan on taking the JLPT 2? Are you taking it this december?

I guess what I am asking is are you ready to take the JLPT 2 now and pass (and then move on to 1kyuu books), or are you just about to start your study for the JLPT 2?

If you are just starting to study for the JLPT 2, then you don't need an advanced book. Advanced books are for those who have already passed it with decent scores. Any book labeled as intermediate will probably be ok, or just pick up one of the books geared towards the test itself.

An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese by the Japan Times is quite good. You can get good 2kyuu study series from both Unicom and Kanzen Master.

Also, try not to belittle the efforts of others who are planning on taking 3kyuu or 4kyuu like you did in Tomii's thread. Its quite poor behavior for a language learner.

Kama

Okama XD
Reaction score
I'm taking JLPT2 this december.

You know what's irony? And I think it's better anyway to take the 3rd level next year than 4th level.

Thanks.

Aki-chan

Kouhai
Reaction score
wow next people from Poland ^^ Hallo Kama!

Jimmy right 'Remembering the Kanji' is very good book.
But you must to remember that are 3 part of this book^^

B1ueM4oM4o

先輩
Reaction score
For grammar , 完全マスター is good. I haven't used any of the other ones, but anything in the 完全マスター series seems to be a good buy.

Top Bottom