What's new

Academic exchange agreement in MEXT scholarship

Lemylinh

Registered
6 Dec 2014
Hi there,
Anyone here know about the importance of academic exchange agreement between your home university with the university you'll apply for? It seems that Japanese universities prefer to recommend International students coming from their overseas partners. Have I get something wrong? Anyone here received a recommendation to MEXT without the academic exchange agreement?

Hi there,
Anyone here know about the importance of academic exchange agreement between your home university with the university you'll apply for? It seems that Japanese universities prefer to recommend International students coming from their overseas partners. Have I get something wrong? Anyone here received a recommendation to MEXT without the academic exchange agreement?

Though my previous university have partnership with some Japan Universities, but I am pretty sure that my faculty/ department do not have any academic partnership with them.

Though my previous university have partnership with some Japan Universities, but I am pretty sure that my faculty/ department do not have any academic partnership with them.
Oh, thanks for your reply. You got the scholarship through university recommendation? I bet that it is fine enough if your previous university have partnership with your attending university, not regarding your faculty/department. My case is that my previous uni doesnt have any exchange agreement with my applying uni. They said in their website that they just recommend candidates from their partner instiues, but the program (in the uni) said that the exchange agreement is just priority and the scholarship is based on merits. Who should I trust in now?

Actually I still waiting the result and I applied through embassy recommendation. Looking into your case, it is possible that some universities will inclined to accept those students from their oversea collaborations, but I am sure they also accept those who are not from the partner universities as well. Perhap you should apply through their official programme as international student instead of looking into your previous university partnership. Your capability weighs more than that in case of scholarship. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom