What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

about me

johnny

後輩
Reaction score
Hi. I thought it might be time for me to introduce myself (I've been lurking here reading posts for a month or so.).

I'm a guy from Sweden in my mid-20's. I find Japan interesting and I recently began to study japanese.

I've realized that a lot of people become interested in Japan through japanese pop, cartoons & anime. Those things have never really appealed to me. Not that I've really given it a chance... Feel free to recommend movies and stuff that can "convert" me. :)

So what is it about Japan that I like? well... I don't know. Perhaps it's interesting because it's so different. Or it's this image that I've had in my head since I was a kid of a country with wise old people that live in the mountains. Or whatever. I'm not gonna analyze it, just accept it. ;)

That'll do as an introduction...

moyashi

Sempai
Reaction score
welcome and yoroshiku.

Nice to see that you moved from being a lurker.

hmmm, maybe in your past life you were Japanese. A real estate agent mentioned this to me once.

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Hi Johnny 🙂 and welcome to the forum,

Interesting point Moyashi made! hmmm that might explain half of the forums members interest

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Johnny, welcome to the board!

I got interested in Japan through my wife, I had never watched anime or listened to Jpop before I met her (didn't even know it existed, lol).

Now my wife wished I'd be less interested in Japanese culture and stopped nailing her with J-related questions.
:)

johnny

後輩
Reaction score
Thanks for your welcomes. Yeah, I probably was a japanese person in my past life - I'm an ex-japanese. :)

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
@ moyashi,, you would be surprised at my memoirs, lol:D

@ pass life, "nothings impossible"🙂

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Don't worry, Debs, basically geishas just poured sake and played instruments. Basically.
:D

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
😌 😌 hmmm well maybe so then moyashi lol🙂

I really must get a bit of knowledge on these geishas😌 and who knows? maybe Thomas and Johnny were also clients of mine, 😄

moyashi

Sempai
Reaction score
Hey Thomas those were the modern or high class Geisha's ;)
So Debs must've been one of those.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
See Debs, Japan is a thin red line in all of your lives: high class geisha, Japan Forum advisor and soon-to-be bonsai master...

Fate. ;)

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
@ thomas, I just busted out laughing there now, thats so clever🙂 :clap:
@moyashi 🙂 😄

Top Bottom