What's new

A question.

Tobias Lind

トバイアスリンド
12 Jun 2006
I'm curious about what ノリ mean in the following image (next to ジャンル), I know it reads "nori" but I really have no clue what it's supposed to mean.

The fact that it is written with katakana lead me to believe that it was a loan word, but I tried to look it up in a japanese loan word dictionary with little success.

Also, the that the kanji is illegible (at least to me) doesn't help either. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

gameinfogif-1.jpg

Last edited:
Tobias Lind said:
I'm curious about what ノリ mean in the following image (next to ジャンル), I know it reads "nori" but I really have no clue what it's supposed to mean.
The fact that it is written with katakana lead me to believe that it was a loan word, but I tried to look it up in a japanes loan word dictionary with little success.
Also, the that the kanji is illegible (at least to me) doesn't help either. Can anyone give me some insight into this?
gameinfogif-1.jpg
ノリ感ゲーム is the category of games in which players play intuitively, such as with music, rather than based on rules.
ノリ comes from ノリのいい which refers to something that is exciting, musical, etc., that make you want to move, dance, get involved. I can't define it exactly with one phrase.
ノリ most probably comes from the verb 乗る meaning to ride.
感 refers to feeling, sensation, or intuition.
Hope it helps! 😅

epigene: thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.

JimmySeal: .. on the other hand, the forum would become quite messy if everyone created a new thread for every single question they might have.

I'm guessing he just doesn't like long threads.

Having more but shorter threads makes searching them easier, though.

Back
Top Bottom