What's new

A question about the forums

Haruspex

先輩
30 Aug 2007
Hello, im pretty new to learning japanese, and im new on the forums aswell.
My question is the following: If i learn to read and write kana, am i allowed to ask on the forums if a certain example sentence is correct. I didn't see many similar topics, i could say i didn't see a single one, most were written with both kana and kanji. In a nutshell i'd like to ask if i could ask for people's opinion on the sentence's validness regardless of how dumb it sounds. Yes thats what i wanna know, thank you.

Szia Derfel, welcome to JREF!
🙂

You can ask quesions even before you learn kana, many members who are learning Japanese post here (Learning Japanese) to ask if their phrases/sentences written in romaji (Roman alphabets) are correct/valid.
Don't worry, and ask questions anytime! :)

Thank you, that indeed sounds good.
Well i thought about asking stuff, i just saw that almost no one asked questions about sentences written in romaji ... well i probably overreacted :D
Thanks for proving me wrong.

p.s: that szia confused me haha, for a second i thought you were hungarian :D

A lot of comments are all lumped together in the main thread at the top of the page. There are tons of questions in romaji, so don't worry about that. Romaji is fine. Kana is fine. Kanji is fine. What is not fine is posting a long paragraph in English that says:

"please translate this into Japanese because I want a long tattoo on my back but don't know any Japanese, and I don't want to sound dumb having a tattoo with lots of mistakes for the rest of my life."

As long as you try to use Japanese, any question you ask is ok.

Haha thanks. Well i knew that asking dumb questions is not really allowed, i just wanted to know what is and what isn't considered dumb.

Back
Top Bottom