What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

A question about Koreans and Korean students residing in Japan..Im curious

Daiten

先輩
Reaction score
I have read about Koreans living in Japan and I wanted to know how they got there. I remember in my Japanese class that some Koreans migrated to Japan (this was way before world war II) they were mostly potters.

Also this video sparked my question http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFzZMFZhJoI&search=traditional music which if you go to it it shows students playing music but it says there: students perform a traditional korean song during music class at a north korean school in tokyo, japan . One thing though, what does North Korea have to do with anything about the school(s). I have even heard that there are Korean schools in Japan. And also, would those Korean students know how to speak Korean and Japanese..well obviously I think they would be able to speak Japanese because they live in Japan but would they? (Oh and by the way, if anyone knows the melody they are playing please do tell me..I like it very much. It sounds nostalgic sort of)

Can a Korean person apply for citizenship in Japan and if the person has lived in Japan for like his/her life and they speak read and write fluent Japanese and they look Asian too but they do not tell anyone of their Korean heritage. (sorry if I sound ignorant)

This triggered my curiosity because my friends who went on a student exchange to an all girls school in Japan, in their homeroom was a Korean girl
and no one would talk to her.

Anyway, please do try and answer my questions as I REALLY want to know and want to know how those Korean schools were founded.

shiroma

先輩
Reaction score
在日

Excellent question, there will be quite a few liars swarming to this thread.

Stay tuned.

Daiten

先輩
Reaction score
Well...alright Im ready to listen. Also would those students have to go to North Korea? or whatsoever...

pipokun

先輩
Reaction score
窶卍ゥ窶朗窶伉坂?氾シ窶堙債、窶把窶冲窶敕??堋ゥ窶堙ァツ鞘?ー窶ケ窶ーツ、窶吮??窶ケ窶ーツ、ツ坂?壺?ケ窶ーナ?wツ校ツ、窶佚・ナ?wツ校窶堙俄?堋「窶堋ス窶堙ゥ窶堙懌?堙?、窶堋カ窶堙や?堙?20窶脳窶堙固?e窶ケ窶ーナ?wツ校窶堙ー窶愿コ窶怒ナ?e窶冢窶堙可静昶?板ァ窶堋オツ、ツ催昶?愿コ窶慊ッ窶摘ナスqツ鞘?披?堋ス窶堋ソ窶堙俄?堋ス窶堋「窶堋オツ、窶督ッナステ・ナステ・窶ケ`窶廬窶督ッ窶伉ー窶ケツウヒ?ァ窶堙ーナステ?ナス{窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥツ。
窶卍ゥ窶朗窶伉坂?氾シ窶堋ェ窶ー^窶ーc窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶督ッナステ・ナステ・窶ケ`窶廬窶督ッ窶伉ー窶ケツウヒ?ァ窶堙娯?佚固地窶堙債、窶愿コ窶怒窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶板ァ窶冢ツ湘ーナ陳鞘?堙俄?堋?窶堙ュ窶堋ケ窶堙?「6ツ、3ツ、3ツ、4ツ」ツ青ァ窶堙ーナ?テョ窶怒窶堙??堋キ窶堙ゥツ青ウ窶ケK窶堙娯?ケツウヒ?ァ窶佚固地窶堙?鞘ぎツ青ウ窶ケK窶ケツウヒ?ァ窶佚固地ツ、窶堋サ窶堋オ窶堙?青ャツ人窶ケツウヒ?ァ窶佚固地窶堙遺?堙??堋ゥ窶堙ァツ青ャ窶堙ィ窶板ァ窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙ゥツ。
According to Chosen Soren, pro-DPRK organization, they conduct "democratic" ethnic education in Japan.

The basic policy of Mindan is constructed by 5 major components
1. Observance of the national policy of Korea
Although we live in Japan, we are overseas citizens with Korean nationality. We will endeavor to realize the national policy of freedom and democracy, and peaceful reunification of Korea, as chosen by the home Koreans.
According to Mindan, pro-South Korea organization, their first priority to live in Japan is to observe the Korean policy.

I wish all the aboves were jokes...

Top Bottom