What's new

A Little about little ol' me.

Arc Light

Home...For now...
21 Jun 2004
Well, for starters, I'm not little :)
I'm currently in the US Army, but back in 1991-1995, I was in the Marine Corps (Active duty). I was stationed on Okinawa for about a year, up at Camp Hansen. I spent my first 6 months there as a barracks rat...didn't get off base much at all. At around my 6 month mark, I met a Japanese girl through a language exchange class. We started dating, and I got to see parts of Okinawa that most Americans never see. We spent the weekends together, with a friend of mine who was dating a friend of hers. We managed to get enough money together for a visit to Mainland Japan. Needless to say, I was breathless most of the time I was there. I'm hoping to go back there in a year or so, depending on what the Army is going to do with me.

ANyway, I'm 6'4" tall, about 220 pounds, and 30 years old. I'll be 31 in August. I live in Suffolk, Virginia, about 30 Miles from Virginia Beach (I think :D ).

Welcome aboard! 🙂

I'm from VA too. I live in the south central part of the state, though.

CC1 said:
Hi Arc! I was also at Camp Hansen from 94-96. Who were you with? What was your job?
I was there in '92-93, and I was with the 9th Engineer Support Battalion (9th ESB). I was a Motor T driver, Hummers, 5-Ton Cargo and Dumpers, and the CUCV (Chevy pickup). My barracks were on the southern end of the base, the last ones before the the motorpools and equipment yards and warehouses.

Arc...9thESB? Yes I know them well. I was in 7thComm at the other end of the base. I lived in the barracks right next to the Camp Guard and BK. Good to meet ya!

semper fi, big fella!

Thank you for the work you and your colleagues in uniform do for our country.

I hope you get transferred back to Japan.

CC1 said:
Arc...9thESB? Yes I know them well. I was in 7thComm at the other end of the base. I lived in the barracks right next to the Camp Guard and BK. Good to meet ya!

Yeah! I knew 7thCOMM, we did some convoys to White Beach for them a couple of times. I also remember that BK also...didn't have a drive thru! Not like we could use it anyway! And interestingly, I was with 8thComm when I got stuck on Camp Lejeune for the remainder of my enlistment!

Thanks for the welcome guys, I really like this whole site.

Back
Top Bottom