What's new

A few points in this commentary + a kanji I can't decipher

Kraise

先輩
Reaction score
hiho people, would you help me figuring a few things out?

So I was reading this post in the facebook by an acquaintance of mine and I'm a little bit confused about a few points of the text. He is a japanese priest living in my country.

"安倍首相、あなたは日本を取り巻く状況が厳しい、ということを前提に話している。がそれはあなたが中国、韓国、北朝鮮、またロシアを日本の脅威とし、共に 歩む友好国、隣国としない敵対心むき出しの態度、と言える。親はだれも子どもに喧嘩して友達に勝てとは教えない。仲良く遊べと言うだろう。安倍首相、あな たの考えの根底にある戦いに勝利し、自国を守ろうとする偽りの平和主義をわたしは理解できない。むしろ隣国との絆を太くすることに努力してほしい。そして 日本が隣国を愛する国になるようあなたに国民が託した権威を用いてほしい。"

Doubts are in the bolded part
1 - I was sincerely expecting に instead of の here, as (I expect) the meaning to be "making said countries, threats to japan"

2-in "共に 歩む友好国、隣国としない敵対心むき出しの態度、と言える", The use of としない after 隣国 is somehow similar to ではなく? as in , "その国をともに歩み友好国じゃなく、敵とする態度" ??

also , last month I went to a 天理教 ceremony because of the passing of two people(mother and son) of a local japanese family, I hope I'm not being disrespectful for taking everything I see as a study resource but I just can't achieve peace of mind untill I have a firm grasp on a rather wide range of subjects regarding the language... I'm its slave :(

After 合 and between 祭 what is that 字? I have the feeling I've seen it before but I can't find it in my dictionaries, is there another way to write it? At the moment I was too shy to ask anyone such a silly question.

Thank you!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
1)
Are you talking about 日本の脅威? If so, the structure is 「中国、韓国、北朝鮮、またロシア」を「日本の脅威」とし.

2)
あなたが~隣国としない expresses the contents of 敵対心むき出しの態度, as in あなたが~隣国としないという敵対心むき出しの態度.

合祀祭[ごうしさい]
祀 is not a traditional form or something. It's just a (uncommon) non-Joyo kanji.

lanthas

Reaction score
Isn't that just 隣国としない (敵対心むき出しの態度), two clauses targeting 態度? "An attitude which does not perceive those countries as friendly neighbours, and (but) openly antagonizes them".

Edit: ninja'd apparently :)

Kraise

先輩
Reaction score
Oh well
thank you for clarifying, not sure if it was the way he organizes his ideas or a lack of attention that made me struggle with this one!

about the kanji, being that the case, it was the first time Ive ever seen it.
"合祀 - enshrine" , had I not seen the ceremony itself I would never figure out the meaning of the word, translated or not.

Thank you! とりとりべさん and Lantasさん