What's new

8-year-old girl hangs herself at home in apparent suicide

Pavel123

後輩
13 Sep 2007
8-year-old girl hangs herself at home in apparent suicide

Thursday 19th August, 09:25 AM JST

OSAKA —

An 8-year-old girl was found hanging from the balcony of her home in Takatsuki, Osaka, in an apparent suicide, police said Wednesday. Her room had been locked from the inside, police said.

The girl's mother, 27, returned home from work about 6:20 p.m. on Tuesday and discovered her daughter hanging by a towel from the balcony. She called 110 and then her husband. The girl was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead upon arrival. An autopsy on Wednesday revealed that she died about 3 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to police, the girl and her family had moved to the Osaka area from Muko in Kyoto on Jan 25. On Feb 1, the word ツ"dieツ" was found written on a small case belonging to the girl. Her mother, 27, alerted the school and said that her daughter had been subjected to bullying. On Aug 15, her mother contacted the school again to tell them that the same note had been found scrawled on 12 of the girl's textbooks.

A school spokesperson said the words appeared to have been written by the same person but that they were unable to find out whose handwriting it was.

The girl had been absent for roughly 10 days in February but since moving up a year in April, only one absence had been recorded.

Link: 8-year-old girl hangs herself at home in apparent suicide

This is sad how bullying brings someone to decide on suicide. I still wonder how a girl actually thought of hanging herself. :? It's sad how people bully each other. Writing "die" on other's belongings. Here in Israel this bullying is well popularized, it actually part of Israeli culture. And I hate that. I will have kids and I don't know if I want them to study in Israel. I might move to United States with them so they can study there. Some countries aren't safe... :(

If you move to the United states, expect to be bullied. People will find any aspect about you to make fun of.

Also I agree that it is sad that people take bullying to such extremes that people kill themselves.

this is very sad thing...that girl was so young. Bullying is a great problem in the whole world so, to find a country to avoid it is probably impossible. I am quite curious and afraid at once how the person who bullied her felt when he/she found out she's dead because of him/her. I feel so sorry for the parents especially for her mother who wanted to save her daugher and kept calling to the school. I think that it is also the school's failure that they were unable to stop it.

Back
Top Bottom