What's new

50 things to do before you're 30!

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
22 Nov 2003
Here's Nigel Blinman's list of 50 things to do before you're 30.

1. Have a really stupid accident which necessitates a hospital visit
2. Shoot something
3. Take a weekend break more than 1000 miles from home
4. Boot Linux on your home PC
5. Get lost in a country where you don't speak the language
6. Spend more than your monthly income on a pocket sized gadget
7. Post bail for a friend
8. Break a really large plate glass window
9. Make a parachute jump on a hangover
10. Use a whole roll of gaffa tape in one day
11. Make a pointless modification to your house
12. Neck a pint of peppermint oil
13. Pull a shemale by mistake (but realise in time...)
14. Buy a samurai sword
15. Delay paying a bill until the summons arrives
16. Destroy a speed camera
17. Refill an inkjet cartridge
18. Say something obscene on national television
19. Do a J turn in order to beat somebody to a parking space
20. Break a sledgehammer
21. Make a bomb
22. Smash a CRT
23. Require medical treatment as a consequence of kinky sex gone wrong (STDs don't count.)
24. Tip a waiter with something other than money
25. Light a fire with petrol
26. Kidnap someone
27. Park inside a motorway service station
28. Own a convertible.
29. Live abroad.
30. Drive at more than 140mph.
31. Get something for free through a masterpiece of complaining
32. Give yourself a mains electric shock.
33. Completely dismantle an object larger than yourself
34. Write off a car
35. Fall asleep and get really hilarious sunburn
36. Get drunk on Absinthe
37. Stay up all night listening to a girl have an emotional crisis
38. Lick the terminals of a 9 volt battery
39. Take part in motorsport
40. Stay at the office for more than 24 hours
41. Set off a fire extinguisher
42. Drive at least 600 miles in a day on two lane roads
43. Hotwire a car
44. Watch all the Monty Python films In one sitting
45. Shag an ex-girlfriend by mistake
46. Dial 999
47. Commit a faux pas which means that a friend will never speak to you again
48. Make a bet you couldn't afford to lose
49. Read a 500 page book in one sitting
50. Escape a perfectly justified parking ticket.

Personally, I've done 18. And I'm only 24! Then again, given the nature of these, perhaps it would be better if I had less... (Stupidity meter?)

What about you??!!!

My favorite: Number 48. I swore I would renounce my citizenship if George Bush was re-elected....

FYI, I'm stealing this thread from here: 50 things to do before you're 30 - which have you done? - In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) - Straight Dope Message Board

I've done 20. There are quite a number I'm really glad I haven't done! Like getting a mains electric shock, writing off a car, staying at the office for more than 24 hours (who the hell would do that?!), driving at more than 140mph (I've never been lucky enough to drive a car capable of it! <<) or saying something obscene on national TV (because I've never been on national TV, either <<).

Hehe... I've a way to go... I still need to kidnap someone, for a start! :D

14 before I was 30. No. 32 before I was 10 (bloody brother). I was 8 and it seemed to have been a regular thing at one point. I have lost count now. I think every child in the world has done No.38

I've done 18 too.

I don't have long to do the other 32! Six months and counting! ☝

I have done 11 of them, and don't really plan to do the remaining 39 (too boring, like refilling an ink cartridge, too dangerous or just not interested).

4, 9, 11, 16, 23, cant admit to 26, 43, 44, and 49 I have not done. or ive done 41 of them

Only about 10 by the age of thirty, and those were the rather dull items on the list anyway.

I've done 19 of them. Some don't seem doable in California, but I'm already past 40.

I've done 27 (before I was 30)...but many of those really are things that no one should ever want to do!

I did 9 of them before turning 30.

Looking through them, I'm glad I haven't done many more. I must be very boring! hahaha

I had a very active childhood.. and done some odd things growing up i guess.. lol

Done some of them... the only one really worth while seems number 29, living abroad, because it can leave long lasting effects on you.... the rest are either too strange... or simply useless, as if picking up a shemale or jumpin a parachute with a hangover can add value to your life or make it anymore exiting. If you want to live an exiting life do what exites you. For some it's skydiving for others is sitting down and breakin apart a new philosophical idea.

I'm surprised some of you are complainig about not having done as many things or some of you inderectly boasting about having done so.

Sorry i don't mean to rag on your list mad p.

OK, here's the long list, almost all of these were done before the age of 18; 1,2,5,6,10,11,12,19,20,21,24,25,30,32,35,37,38,39,41,47,50.

I do regret most of them and I only got 1 of them left that I plan on doing and that's living abroad

Sorry i don't mean to rag on your list mad p.

No problem!

I'm surprised so many people are taking this seriously. It's supposed to be funny, you read it and laugh at the silly things you've done, not a die-hard list of things to do before you die.

Although that would make an interesting thread, too!

mad pierrot said:
Boring....
Or sane?
:)

Heh! Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it. By the time I turned 30, I had already been in the Navy for 13 years, having joined right after graduating from high school, so I guess I didn't have time to do all those wild and crazy things!
:D

I have done 33 - I dismantled a washing machine when I was 8 or 9.

I have done 35 - many, many times. Just waiting for the melanoma.

Everyone has done 38.

I have done 46 - quite a few times. I used to live next to some fields which would spontaneously combust in hot weather. I also did it once when my mum left something on the stove.

Simon has done 34 while I was in the passenger seat. We ran into a tree.

He has done 31 many, many times, and it is connected to number 18 - although we didn't say anything obscene. Basically, he likes to complain - a lot. So much that we were in a local paper, then a national paper, then a magazine, then on national TV - The Big Breakfast, if anyone remembers that. I have been on 15-1 (a quiz show) too. I didn't say anything obscene though!

Miss Tsuyoiko: Pardon me for sounding ignorant, but I've never done #46. Like I've said previously, I live a boring life. What happens when you dial 999? Inquiring minds wanna know!
:)

Back
Top Bottom