What's new

360, Revolution and the Playstation 3.

Yokan

Sempai
28 Aug 2005
👍 Just wanted to get peoples opinions on these, like what is your fav? Well what your most looking forward too lol. I live in Northern Ireland, and the 360 is coming out in Christmas. Don't know about the other two yet. I despise the Xbox, and all us being Japanese lovers will praise Sony and nintendo and Despise Microsoft :eek: Must say lookign forward to all 3, but especially the Revolution. I have a Playstation 2, Gamecube, and a Dreamcast(well that doesn't count. :p by the way, VOTE FOR THE REVOLUTION TO INCLUDE THE NEXT SHENMUE GAMES. :p 👍 :p

they all look good, but I'd expect quite a few last minute changes to the PS3 once the 360 hits. I hate the idea of the 2 different versions of the 360, the good full version, and the useless half-*** version. I also wish they could have found a way to make it completely reverse compatible with xbox1 games, rather than the one at a time emulator thing they've got. the graphics on both look amazing though.

yah, but even the "good full version" of the 360 is not going to stand out much, except maybe as a media device. I mean, as I have said time and time again, the ps3 has te power, the revolution has the innovation and the 360 has the diddely-squat.

my fave would be the revolution. I love nintendo. they always come through.

by the way, I thought I read somewhere that the 360's and the revolutions specs are suposed to be similar

I can't help it - I am totally in favor of the PS3 over the X-Box 360. According to spec's I've read in various game magazines, the PS3 is simply the more powerful machine.

But, who cares! I admit it - I am biased towards the PS3 because of the Japanese games! I had my PS2 modded to play Japanese games, and now that is pretty much all I buy. The selection is broader (they'll make just about anything into a game in Japan!) and well, obviously I am into Japanese things (because I am posting here, ne).

Sigh . . . I am a geek after all. 😊

My vote has to go to the XBox 360 based on their superb online play connectivity and the types of games. It's not that I dislike Sony or anything, but I have a lot of friends out of state/ the Country, so through XBox Live I am able to play games with them as if they were sitting right next to me. Microsoft seems to have online play sewed up, and playing Splinter Cell with four of your buddies who all live in different regions is some high quality entertainment in my opinion. It seems like the XBox 360 is lacking a bunch of appealing games for their launch, but if you check out their website, they have some exciting upcoming releases. I'd say Online play is probably the deciding factor of why I'd pick the XBox 360 over the PS3. I like the feature of being able to hook up your I-Pod to the system, and also a hard drive means you won't have to buy a grip of memory cards.

Nintendo's new online setup is the one I'm waiting for. They say it will be unlike anything anyone else has come up with. supposedly they've come up with a way to eliminate griefers.

That's cool....I really don't know much about the Revolution, but in order to catch up with Microsoft and Sony it better be rather unique. It think Nintendo kinda messed up with their marketing when they released the Game Cube, because it seemed that it mainly appealed to the target market of kids (Even though it has been argued that it is very adult-like). There is a huge market of older gamers, so it seems they lost out on some potential revenue. I even felt it was more of a kiddy system, and that's the reason why I bought and XBox and the PS2.

I saw one preview for the Nintendo Revolution, and it seemed that you actually made the motions of swinging a bat, or fishing, as opposed to just using the controller for game play. If it's a spectacular system then by that time I should have some money saved up (Since it's not coming out until later next year). I have been a Nintendo fan since the NES system, but the Game Cube was rather a turn off. Who knows, I'm just hoping for something great from Nintendo.

ragedaddy said:
That's cool....I really don't know much about the Revolution, but in order to catch up with Microsoft and Sony it better be rather unique. It think Nintendo kinda messed up with their marketing when they released the Game Cube, because it seemed that it mainly appealed to the target market of kids (Even though it has been argued that it is very adult-like). There is a huge market of older gamers, so it seems they lost out on some potential revenue. I even felt it was more of a kiddy system, and that's the reason why I bought and XBox and the PS2.
That's true, but tons of parents bought Gamecube for their kids when they wouldn't have bought a ps2 or xbox. I used to work in game store, and geared towards kids appealed to a lot of parents.

Sony has yet to luanch a game system (console and handheld) w/o a massive defect in at least one region. Can't wait to see what it'll be this time. My guess for the long run is the PS3. My guess for the short run is that they will all start off lame. THe PS3 and 360 launch titles are weak, at best. Then again, PS2 had one of the worst launch lineups ever in Japan. Gamecube was equally as bad and 1/4 of the size.

GaijinPunch said:
Sony has yet to luanch a game system (console and handheld) w/o a massive defect in at least one region. Can't wait to see what it'll be this time.
That's very true. That's why I never EVER buy Sony's first release of anything. Remember the first batch of PS2's that all had bad software? :p

The one thing I am looking forward to most are the dual DVI ports on the PS3. My son and I tonight were playing Ratchet:Deadlocked (a great action platformer) and it dawned on me that I might have to get another copy of the game just to play multi player against him (he has a ps2 in his bedroom and I have mine in the den). With the PS3 we will be able to hook up two monitors to the same system and play against each other in full screen glory with one console and one copy of the game. What a wonderful idea on the part of Sony to include this feature.

Xbox 360 and Nintendo revolution all the way. Because of that rootkit business Sony pulled, I will never again buy another Sony product in my life.

The Revolution controller is intrigueing, to say the least.

Ardeo said:
The one thing I am looking forward to most are the dual DVI ports on the PS3. My son and I tonight were playing Ratchet:Deadlocked (a great action platformer) and it dawned on me that I might have to get another copy of the game just to play multi player against him (he has a ps2 in his bedroom and I have mine in the den). With the PS3 we will be able to hook up two monitors to the same system and play against each other in full screen glory with one console and one copy of the game. What a wonderful idea on the part of Sony to include this feature.

woah!! two screens and one game, that sounds cool!! maybe it work with pro evo?

Hmm, I guess I'll have to say all three. Currently I am trying to accquire the X-Box 360 Core Unit (because I'll buy the HDD later), then save up the money for the Revolution next year. I am going to buy the PS3 last because it will be the most expensive, and I am not going to pay an outragous amount of money just for a controller and console unit. So in the course of the next six years I hope to own all three. ^_____^

Doc 🙂

umm, in six years, we expect them all to have been replaced...
then again, why should anyone bother...

and I must say I'm cheesed by the sony hidden file business.
and who was it that said that there has yet to be a first batch of sony consoles without a mayor flaw?

sigh... guess microsoft will be mass-invading yet another genre of electronics... (I don't really count the xbox1, see)

I wouldn't be worrying about it much. You see the shortage apparently is a ploy to gain more hype to buy Microsoft's console. Most people won't be able to get one this Christmas. So what do you do? You end up watching all those damn commericals to hype you up into buying one so Sony is history when walk in purchases finally become a reality. However, Microsoft's plan is starting to backfire. They are already pissing people off, you have two different systems which is retarded, it is in this current generation as far as what medium it is supplied by (regular DVDs), and all the good titles won't come out until next when most people won't have a X-Box 360 to begin with. It is like the Dreamcast all over again. Watch Microsoft come out with another console in three years. I'll laugh my *** off when they do too. :D

Doc 🙂

Xbox360 is the best atm from what I'm seeing for it.

I dont care too much for the gamecube revolution.
The gamecube didnt strike me as a "OMFG MUST BY THAT" console.
If i was to lay my hands on a GC I would most likly buy it since I'm a big RE fan :) So Mainly for the RE : Remake and RE:Zero.

Maybe Metrod Prime.

Ofc you have MSG4 for the PS3
But is it solely coming out for the PS3 is what you should be asking?

The 360 hasn't improved tho, yeah they have all those daft add-ons(which may i also add takes away from what i would call a console). The games have, literally, not changed that much. Whereas whem i look at Revolution/Ps3 screens, it seems sooo much more of an improvement.

eg. Final fantasy vii ps
Final fantasy vii ps3 - now THAT is what i call an improvement, even an improvement from final fantasy x.

Sorry but i'm just not a fan of big addons, which is why i like the Revolution. 2GB harddrive or whatever the 360 has doesn't make me want to buy it, and the fact it would contain a DVD/CD player. Revolution = plain pure gameplay = thumbs up. :p

Another mistake they have made is releasing the 360 too early. Now Sony and Nintendo know what they are up against - and is more a battle between sony and nintendo other than all 3, to see who can be the best next gen i guess.

meh, i'm not a computer geek, so i'm not an expert!!!! :LOL:

Actually Sony has come in first place the past two instances because their system did in fact come out first before the competition. I would not denounce Microsoft just yet. They may well eat up the market and gain a very strong hold before the six years are up for this new console war. As for the add-ons you will need a memory card to save your games with the X-Box 360, but you do not, I repeat do not have to have the HDD. The reason is because Microsoft wants all of their games to run on the core unit. They have been pressuring the developers in using the system's memory this time around, much Sony has with the PS2. If you would wish to play original X-Box games on your X-Box 360 you will need the HDD for that. However, most of the games that people love are not on the list, but their have been reports that because it is just pure software emulation at work here that the quality has taken a nose dive with the X-Box 360 with playing X-Box games. Therefore, if you have a X-Box keep it to play X-Box games, at least that is the word right now.

I still want an X-Box 360 for DOA4, DOAXV2, DOA:CC, PP, NG2, and anything else Tecmo and Team Ninja are going to produce for that system. However, I do not think I am willing to pay a $300 price tag for a barebones unit. That just screams highway robbery. I am still planing to buy a Revolution and PS3 as well. So it really does not matter which system wins this console war, just so long as the games are kept plentiful in style, fun, and originality. ;-)

Doc 🙂

ok, all japanese systems go!
well, or just the revolution...
been hearing a lot of good talk about the revolution.
for which I am glad.

I'm a geek so I plan on just buying all next-gen consoles the day their released. I've always managed to find at least a few titles worth playing that warrant the purchase of the system. Although, 360 unleashes here next week despite a relatively weak software lineup at launch...

Saw an Xbox 360 on display at Best Buy yesterday and was greatly impressed with the graphics which were quite stunning. If I were into gaming, I might be interested, but at $399 for the full blown version, that's outrageous! Still, it's pretty neat!

👍

yeah, the "Core" version is for the games only.
no frills.
whatsoever.

IF YOU BUY An X360, DON'T STAND IT UP!
COS IF YOU DO AND YOU KNOCK IT, YOU'LL HAVE TO FORK OUT ANOTHER $70,- FOR A NEW GAME DISC!

sigh. prices have been insane around Europe for the launch.
honestly, I heard of some on ebay going for more than 800 euro's! (more than a thousand dollars, anyway)

what's so great about htem anyway, i played one at a cinema yesterday, and there are STILL PIXEL EDGES and FLAWS with the oh-so-great grafics. Its no different than the first one!

huff...

Back
Top Bottom