What's new

2 sentence translation

kwsk

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading a novel and one of the characters is a guy who gets his memory reset after everyday. He tries to explain his situation to someone and goes 正確にいうとぼくの記憶できる範囲は常に「現時点から約24時間前まで」で毎朝リピートされるわけじゃないんだ。だけど泡沫のように消えていく記憶の中できみのことはおぼえていた。
can someone please translate this for me?
I don't exactly understand it because there are too many prepositions.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
What's the novel and what's your best attempt at the meaning?

正確にいう
ぼくの記憶(が)できる範囲
常に「現時点から約24時間前まで」
毎朝リピートされるわけじゃないんだ。

だけど
泡沫のように
消えていく記憶の中
きみのこと
おぼえていた。

What are the functions of the red parts? Do you recognize them all and have you learned them all?

Have you learned about nouns being modified by preceding verbs or verb phrases? Do you understand the structure of the underlined bits?

I added the green to make it a bit more clear.

Japanese doesn't have prepositions, by the way.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
記憶できる is more likely the potential form of 記憶する, i.e., the same meaning as 憶えられる, and の in 僕の is the subject marker in modifying clause.

In addition to the Mike-san' explanation, the core of the first sentence is 範囲は~で…じゃない.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
You've logged in and, presumably, checked for replies several times since the two above. It would be nice if you would answer the questions or let us know if we have been helpful or if you need more help.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
This is very interesting:

Help - need some help for a few sentences | MangaHelpers

Note the timestamp and the fact that it is a cut-n-paste, except that the "novel" has now become a "manga".

I think we probably have another "learner" who is teaching himself by just looking up words in the dictionary.