What's new

1500 people were locked up in the metro

1 Nov 2005
I just read that 1500 people were stuck in the metro in Tokyo this morning, because of a electric malfunction. All lights and Airco were out.
They said that that the metro was over crowded. Hope you are all set free by now? Frightning.

Good grieve, that must have been a sort of a nightmare. I suffer from claustrophobia since 1957 when I got stuck in a cave in South Africa.
So I know more or less how it feels when you are locked up and can't get out.

Hope that all people are safe and that there were no accidents.

In all my years in Japan I never had the unfortunate situation of being stranded on a train at all. However, if I did I would probably go to sleep or continue reading my book or whatever as I know I would be soon rescued. However, in the summer, during rush hour with no aircon, that may prove to be another story altogether. I hope all went well.

Owh i experienced this, but wait on the other hand, isn't this quite similar like beeing stuck in the elevator? well if you are stuck you will pee in your pants thats for sure!
:p

but on the other hand what's the fuzz? if you know you are stuck don't try to make it worser then it is, i mean i saw people reacting like (let me out of hereeeeee!!!!!!!)
while they know rescue is coming:eek:

well back to topic as like you do Elizabeth i hope too that here were no injured people because believe me the last thing you want is beeing stuck under the ground in a dark,creepy tunnel.

It was during the rush hour and the train was quite full - literally packed.
Approx. 1,300 people had to walk to the nearest station (about 200m away) and it took about 2 hours before all the passengers safely evacuated, according to the news.
About 10 people felt sick and taken to hospital, but fortunately none was seriously ill.

The weather was getting cool but in a packed train it must be stifling and could be rather hot, I feel sorry for those who trapped in the train.
The cause of the electricity mulfunction seems to be that someone failed to turn on one of the main switch at the control centre or something, according to Yomiuri Online.

oedo line gives me the creeps because it is so deep. besides it is really inconvenient as it takes 15 minutes from the stair case which leads to the station plat form. its like 300 meters below the streets. feels like 3000 meters and its small.

I hate undergrounds and such in general, im not a bloody mole, not wanna go down into places under thousands of tons of stuff.

i once caught the oedo line right after a smap concert. the oedo was packed with all these middle aged women. it was not nice but scary.

Back
Top Bottom