What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

10 million dollar question

parky

先輩
Reaction score
What are the chances of getting turned away at the airport if I have a one-way ticket?

I have a working visa which will expire in 15 days. I could come in as a tourist but either way, it looks suspicious.

Why one-way? Because it is cheaper and i would probably have to waste the second half.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Do you have a job, or just a visa that's good for only a couple of weeks? How long have you been out of the country?

Ewok85

先輩
Reaction score
How about you make one thread and stick to it instead of making a dozen with the same topic?

Chances of being turned away depend on what visa you have when you arrive. If you have no visa in your passport, you may be asked to show that you have enough money to get back. Most of the time they do not care, as if you overstay you will be banned from entering the country for 10 years anyway.

If you have a valid visa in your passport, what is is, and do you have a reentry permit?

(And stop making threads, its easier to just use one)

parky

先輩
Reaction score
Yes

Miwaka, I have a job lined up and should have a fresh contract in my hand. My visa in a working visa set to expire in two weeks.

Ewok85

先輩
Reaction score
You in Japan? Not in Japan? Do you have a reentry permit?

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
How about you make one thread and stick to it instead of making a dozen with the same topic?
Ewok is right, of course. Please keep your visa questions in one thread. Thanks!

If you have a valid visa in your passport, what is is, and do you have a reentry permit?
This is an excellent point. If you are outside of Japan and you do not have a reentry permit, your visa doesn't do you any good at all unless it is a multiple entry visa, which is doubtful.

So unless you have a reentry permit, you may be allowed to enter Japan, but only on a tourist visa.

parky

先輩
Reaction score
Yes,

I have a valid re-entry permit.

My posts are loosely related but they are not the same question so I made different threads. The idea is to get the people who know about it to notice it. If one question is buried in a thread that is only loosely related, then maybe the people who know the answer won't find the question.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
I have a valid re-entry permit.
In that case, how long have you been out of the country?
My posts are loosely related but they are not the same question so I made different threads. The idea is to get the people who know about it to notice it. If one question is buried in a thread that is only loosely related, then maybe the people who know the answer won't find the question.
True, but the people most likely to answer your question in a timely manner will almost certainly find your question by a search of most recent posts rather than by looking through the forums. By making a new post, you bring your thread back to the top of the list for the time being.

Once someone responds to a thread, they generally follow the thread for a while, so if you post in the same thread, they will most likely see your new question.

Conversely, some people loose interest in helping when they see many threads about similar things from the same person.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
ALSO....

having the Japanese flag under your name while you are in the US is confusing. The flag is susposed to show present location not past or future or wishful thinking or country of birth or citizenship. (everyone take notice please). It seems to confuse many members. Hopefully this will all work out for you and you will be back in Japan working soon.

Uncle Frank

😌

Top Bottom