What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Help 飛行機で

Timelyn

後輩
Reaction score
I recently started working at the airport in Madrid and I often get to talk with Japanese passengers. Up until now I have managed to make myself understandable in Japanese but I want to perfect certain things.

When I ask them about their luggage I use the generic counter (一つ、2つ). Sometimes I hear them comment my counter choice so I'm guessing there's a more suitable one?

Also, I don't know how to wish them a good flight, I've gone with よい旅行になります up until now. For the ones that fly a lot to Japan, how do they say it at the airport?

By the way, I'm not even going to try using keiko yet, I'm still ニ年生 and I can hardly explain myself with the ます form.

Thanks guys!

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
Hitotsu, futatsu... is fine for counting suitcases. The counter 個 - ko - is also appropriate (一個、二個). But hitotsu, futatsu is completely fine, so if you are getting funny looks, it might be because you are saying something in a wrong way.
よい旅を よいたびを is what is commonly used. (The bit after を is left implied, and doesn't require a verb to complete it).

Top Bottom