What's new

日本語 Word Association game

緑 (みどり) I thought it would be a nice place for learners as well to make new word connections, if you know a better place for it please let me know.

バブル (bubbles, kinda best thing to do sitting in the grass)

I am so sorry, but 'association' does not suppose any rational connection.
Just for confirmation, what do you mean by "bubbles" in your assotiation "bubbles, kinda best thing to do sitting in the grass" from 草?

Avモデル-->人参???? From which movie is that?

兎 (うさぎ)

😁 Toritoribe, Davey did very good association on bubbles then.

10277635alittlegirlisblowingbubblessitti-1.jpg

Toritoribe, did you have a childhood?

Avモデル-->人参???? From which movie is that?
That is not from movie, that is traditional for Russian to compare bunch of young girls with bunch of carrots.

>> 兎 (うさぎ)

運 (うん - is that right?)

That's my point. This is exactly another gairaigo (loanword) issue. (See what Mike-san wrote in this post.) Unlike the English word "bubble", the Japanese word バブル does not have such meaning. The most common meaning of バブル is "economic bubble". FYI, what the girl is blowing in the picture is called シャボン玉 in Japanese.

Unlike the English word "bubble", the Japanese word バブル does not have such meaning. The most common meaning of バブル is "economic bubble".
He-he, I am so sorry, but that is a lamest thing I ever heard. Could You tell me if "bubble" is not a "bubble" in that particular context?
FYI, what the girl is blowing in the picture is called シャボン玉 in Japanese.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. However, You are missing point here. That is association game, そして You may not find rational explanation for each association in somebody else's head. Just think about that as about Rorschach inkblots.

宝くじ (くじ - is that 9 o'clock?)

no, not with takara (treasure in front of it) たから: treasure くじ : lot so it means lottery. Guess you have to try it again :p

YYou are missing point here. That is association game, そして You may not find rational explanation for each association in somebodyelse's head./QUOTE]
This is the 日本語 Word Association game thread, isn't it? Again, you need to know the difference between "bubble" and バブル. If you associate 草 with "economic bubble", there's no problem. That's your association. But if you think of シャボン玉 at that time, as you showed in your picture, バブル is not appropriate. You missed choosing the word, since バブル doesn't mean シャボン玉.

Sorry for interrupting again. :p

宝くじ

たくさん (じゅうぶんじゃありません)

Toritoribe, there are serious people playing serious games. Why don't you join us and make some contribution :roflmao:

Doesn't my information about バブル benefit to improve your knowledge of Japanese? That's my aim and I do believe it's consistent with the purpose of this thread. (You will never use バブル as シャボン玉 from now on, don't you? ;)

Yes, of course, I very appreciate that. Thanks for pointing me my errors.

ewww...

たくさん

スクランブル交差点 (スクランブルこうさてん)

Back
Top Bottom