What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

宮崎からですか。

Gurauki

後輩
Reaction score
弁を勉強しました。宮崎弁を選びました。為にで知らない。Googleを使ったが、下手でした。宮崎県からだったら、案内して下さい。例とヴォイスレコーディングもいいです。

すみません、日本語を話のが上手くないです。

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Did you use regular English Google or Japan Google? It makes a difference as to what search results you get.

To improve your search, try including terms such as 方言 (ほうげん) and 訛り (なまり).

Very first result from Japan Google on term 宮崎弁:
宮崎弁 - Wikipedia

More than you can shake a stick at.

Gurauki

後輩
Reaction score
Well, i did get that. Problem is, if i'm reading correctly, it says in the accent section that they have no accent, but in the intonation section, they randomly increase and drop the pitch of their words. As for the rest, examples like か being replaced by っけ and, it dosn't even mention the っ. That means i not only need a site where it includes all of the information, but includes example sentances, too. I managed to find at least one site at this point, but it dosn't include examples for every case. I'm trying to actually hear people from 宮崎県, that way i can hear for myself what i'm reading as well as any "tips" they might happen to have from peoples' comments on their way of speaking. Plus, if i mis-read something (about how something is used) they will act confused enough for me to realize i didn't use it right. So, that's my problem. I hope that once i sort this out and learn it, i can present it to others who may want to learn a particular dialect. The real problem is that i don't know anyone from 宮崎県. It looks like i'll have to google up a 宮崎県人's blog as well.

Elizabeth

先輩
Reaction score
Well, i did get that. Problem is, if i'm reading correctly, it says in the accent section that they have no accent, but in the intonation section, they randomly increase and drop the pitch of their words.
Ahh, the complexity of 宮崎弁。。。I had no idea. :)

As you said, according to the article there is not a way of distinguishing homophones like 「飴」と「雨」、「雲」と「蜘蛛」、「橋」と「箸」など by pitch accent as in 標準語。

But apparently they do have a set rhythm or intonation for sentences that bounces from a strong upward inflection gradually down across words and mora. It's a sketchy report. Someone more schooled in this area or better yet a native speaker will need to fill in the details.

アクセント

宮崎弁は無アクセントのため、全くと言っていいほどアクセントに無頓着であり、「飴」と「雨」、「雲」と「蜘蛛」、「橋」と「箸」などの読み方に区別がない。(どのように読もうが関係ない。)その為、宮崎県民が他県に行くと意思疎通に困る事がある。実際宮崎県民にはその概念がないので、文脈により内容を判断する。

[編集] イントネーション

基本的に語尾があがる尻上がりのイントネーションである。中国・四国地方の方言と似ているところがある。

* A「昼どこ食べいく?」

「ひる」の「る」が上がる。「どこ」も「こ」でやや上がる。しかし、「食べ」の場合は頭の「た」が高くその後下がる。疑問形の語尾があがるのは標準語と同じである。

* B「橘通りのうどん屋が安いっちゃけどどう?」

「たちばなどおりの」の「の」が上がる。そして原則通り「うどん屋が」の「が」で上がるが、上記の例同様、「安いっちゃけど」の場合頭の「す」が一番高く下がり調となる。

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I can't understand your purpose for wanting to create an instructional site for a particular regional dialect which you don't even speak yourself.

It is generally better if people learn standard Japanese first and then, if they have a need (such as actually living in an area), to learn the various deviations from standard Japanese which go into making up the particular dialect.

Forgive my saying so, but it seems to me your efforts would better be spent in learning standard Japanese first. You're over-reaching a bit here.

Top Bottom