What's new

他人の空似だというのだろうか

zuotengdazuo

Sempai
8 Dec 2019
だとしたら、やはりあの少女は精霊などではなく、他人の空似だというのだろうか。

Hi. I know というのだ can mean "they said..." but this meaning just doesn't fit in the context. Does the underlined というの mean という人? If not, what does というの mean and what nuances does it have?
Thank you.

Does the underlined というの mean という人?
Not really. That doesn't make sense.

The meaning is almost the same without という (= 他人の空似なのだろうか ), but という has a nuance that "it means~" (= 他人の空似だということ(なの)だろうか).

精霊と人間は、そもそも種が違う。人間が途中から精霊になるだなんてことがーーあるいは、人間が精霊に相当する霊力を手に入れるだなんてことがあるとしたなら、それは一体どんなことだというのだろうか

Hi. Does the underlined part have the same nuance as the op one? Or the nuance changes because of どんな?
Thank you.

Is your question related to the thread linked below? If so, it seems to me that you're misunderstanding something.

I don't think they are related because that thread is about rhetorical question while the example in post #4 in this thread is a real question. Do I misunderstand it?

Then, you are not misunderstanding. The meaning is the same whether there is an interrogative or not.

Thank you. So you mean the explanation in post #2 also applies to the new example in post #4 (like "what on earth does this mean?")?

Back
Top Bottom