What's new

カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグする提案

mobile1

Dream Zanarkand
13 Apr 2009
I wrote this paragraph in Japanese. But I know there are lots of problems, such as unnatural sentence structures, expressions, usages, etc. Please pick it apart and let's have fun polishing this paragraph! :)

カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグする提案

カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグをした方がカナダ がもっと早く経済成長すろだろう。
カナダ国民はカナダドルの値打が米ドル$0.50に急 落する事に反対すると思いますが、沢山の工業産業の仕 事が増え、カナダよりも、もっと酷い景気後退を経験し ているアメリカとも貿易関係を続けてくれる可能性が高 くなるだろう。(この方が、北米自由貿易協定の条約を 解消される可能性を避けられるだろう)。その上に、カ ナダとアメリカの国境に近く住んでいるアメリカ人達が カナダの物価が安くなる為、買い物をしに来てくれてる だろう。寧ろ、世界中の先進国の国民達も、カナダに観 光客として来てくれて、その為、早く経済成長をするだ ろう。 カナダドルが安くなったら、アメリカも中国に 頼るよりも、以外にもカナダに頼り始めて、カナダの国 内総生産が早く進化して、バブルが始まるだろう。カナ ダ人達は、安いドルの為、海外旅行する時は、為替に苦 しむかもしれないけれども、カナダ人達の生活水準は、 全般的に見ると、高くなるだろう。カナダ人達が、為替 に苦しむ理由で、輸入財物が高くなると批判する人もい るだろう。それでも、この反論を其のまま同意すること は間違えだとおもいます。何故だと言うと、カナダドル が今の状態なままにほって置くと、カナダ人達は、為替 に苦しまないかも知れないけれども、工業産業がこれ以 上悪化したら、仕事を失って、失業保険を貰いながら貧 しい生活を送らなければいけなくなります。その上に、 抵当を払えなくなって、家を失う事情に填まる人が増え て、カナダの経済が意外にも後退し続ける様になって、 結局何も買えなくなるようになるだろう。此の後半の理 由を配慮したら、カナダドルを米ドルの$0.50にペ グする提案は輸入の値段と為替の損を同意してまででも 、工業産業の進化と抵当を払い戻す出来ず不履行する可 能性が低くなる法が全般的に見ると良い事だと考えられ るだろう。
'
皆さんは、此の提案にとって議論を徹底的に述べるのに 宜しくお願い致します。その上に、 僕は日本語は凄く 下手糞なので、僕の不自然な言語表現や可笑しい文法と 単語などを遠慮なく直して下さいませ。

ジェイムズ・フォイルより

カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグする提案

まず、タイトルですが、日本語では「ペグ」は動詞としては使われていません。もちろん、今後そうなる可能性はないではないですが…

なので:

カナダドルに(対米ドルレート CAD0.50 での)ドル・ペグ制導入の提案

では? 😌
括弧内はタイトルから外し、文章内に移した方がすっきりすると思います。

まず、タイトルですが、日本語では「ペグ」は動詞としては使われていません。もちろん、今後そうなる可能性はないではないですが…
なので:
カナダドルに(対米ドルレート CAD0.50 での)ドル・ペグ制導入の提案
では? 😌
括弧内はタイトルから外し、文章内に移した方がすっきりすると思います。

Thank you very much. I am wondering overall, what JLPT level should I challenge for when I take the exam? (What level do you think I would be at at this point?)

Frankly speaking, I have no idea. I've never seen the test personally. But, from what I understand from the posters here at JREF, I think Level 2 is easy and you'll pass. Whether you can pass Level 1, I think, will depend on your vocabulary and number of kanjis you know?

I think those who have actually passed Level 1 will have a better idea... 😌

Frankly speaking, I have no idea. I've never seen the test personally. But, from what I understand from the posters here at JREF, I think Level 2 is easy and you'll pass. Whether you can pass Level 1, I think, will depend on your vocabulary and number of kanjis you know?
I think those who have actually passed Level 1 will have a better idea... 😌

Thank you. I heard that Nihongo Kentei is even harder, which is a test for Japanese native speakers. I heard that Nihongo Kentei level 3 is harder than JLPT level 1. And that the average Japanese native speaker is at Level 2 in Nihongo Kentei. Do you know any gaijin who has achieved Level 1 in Nihongo Kentei. Now that is achieving Menkyo Kaiden. I think I would have to come and live in Japan for twenty years or so to achieve that!🙂

I'm not a native speaker but based on what I've read and what you've written I'd say your level is definitely suitable to challenge level 1. Level 2 would be too easy, as epigene-san said. I took level 2 last year and will be taking level 1 this year. Again as epigine-san said, it's just a matter of kanji and vocabulary volume. Well, kanji-wise you need to know the jouhou kanji of course but, that being a given, the vocabulary component is pretty hairy and nearly infinite in scope. But if you have a good grasp of the jouhou kanji then even new words will be easy to interpret provided there is context available.

If you're a kanji-head/Japaneseophile then yes the kentei for the Japanese would be the big one but after JLPT1 employers really only care about your ability to speak and navigate through keigo I'd imagine. You can have a wall of certificates and whatnot but at the interview all they care about is whether you give off the right vibe via your spoken Japanese. Culture and language are inextricably intertwined.

I'm not a native speaker but based on what I've read and what you've written I'd say your level is definitely suitable to challenge level 1. Level 2 would be too easy, as epigene-san said. I took level 2 last year and will be taking level 1 this year. Again as epigine-san said, it's just a matter of kanji and vocabulary volume. Well, kanji-wise you need to know the jouhou kanji of course but, that being a given, the vocabulary component is pretty hairy and nearly infinite in scope. But if you have a good grasp of the jouhou kanji then even new words will be easy to interpret provided there is context available.

If you're a kanji-head/Japaneseophile then yes the kentei for the Japanese would be the big one but after JLPT1 employers really only care about your ability to speak and navigate through keigo I'd imagine. You can have a wall of certificates and whatnot but at the interview all they care about is whether you give off the right vibe via your spoken Japanese. Culture and language are inextricably intertwined.

Thank you bakakanadajin. So, if you've taken JLPT Level 2 before, and you're telling me that it will be better for me to take JLPT Level 1, then, perhaps I should do that. I want to spend less money taking tests, so if I have to take fewer steps, that would be better for me. I still have trouble acquiring a Japanese accent. I still have to work on making my spoken and written more natural. (I think that can only come with time and practice🙂). I am still working on learning all the Joyo Kanji. I also have to improve on grasping the particles.

Bakakanadajin, are you from BC? I am living in Burnaby near Lougheed Shopping Center. How about you?

If the piece you've posted is representative of your level I'd say 1 would be a more challenging goal than 2. Even if you fail if gives you a sense of where you want to eventually be. I'm taking it this year but it's more of a test run for me; realistically I plan on (read: hope to) pass it in December. Even if I somehow pass this summer I'd take it again to raise my mark.

Accent, the only thing that has helped me is raw mimicry. You have to kind of act a bit. At first it seems unnatural, like you're not being yourself. But stick with it and make it your own, (no one can really fault you, you are what you project in conversation) and eventually you'll gain familiarity to the point where you're simply being yourself in Japanese and the unshakable 2nd language thinking and acquired mimicry meet harmoniously somewhere halfway.

As for high level particle use, it is a pain and I'm nowhere near versed in them but one tiny general rule I think I've clued into is that context and exposure over time are the key. The more you read (even easy stuff) the more raw 'data' you're taking in. Based on volume alone, you gain comfort and familiarity with particles and then upon that you're able to layer on newer more nuanced usage. And that new usage wouldn't have made sense prior to seeing it X number of times in a basic context first.

I stumbled across one author that I highly recommend for those between level 2 and 1, his name is nakatani akahiro. 中谷彰宏。 He writes these 'rule' books, like 'The 77 rules for success in your first three years in society', 「入社3年目までに勝負がつく77の法則」 and a bunch of others. His writing style is very easy to follow and his kanji use is suitable for someone in between 2 and 1 (IMHO). Simply by reading a couple of his books my reading comprehension increased a fair bit. A lot of the loosely bound, theoretically understood grammar I'd studied for the level 2 came together more comprehensively by seeing it repeatedly in the context of a larger narrative. I dare say without really solidifying the stuff I'd learned for level 2, the stuff I've studied for level 1 wouldn't be making as much sense right now. It all builds off of itself. Incidentally, if you're looking for texts I personally recommend the kanzen master series, although if you're writing that piece for a course you've probably already got your own material.

I'm originally from Toronto, I currently reside in Chiba Japan.

Good luck!

Coming from someone with no idea about JLPT but who had worked a lifetime to improve English competence, I think BakaKanadajin's advice is great. From what I understand, the gap between Level 1 and 2 is wider than between 2 and 3 and the rest--I guess it's similar to the gap between Grade 1 and 2 in Eiken.

And, exposure is definitely a must. Read a lot (even when tough) on your favorite subjects and preferably newspapers, sing Japanese songs (not the rap/hip-hop type but those with narrative/story style) in karaoke (gives you understanding of a lot of grammar structures) and watch a lot of Japanese TV (news programs and drama, even rubbish... 😊 ).

I wrote this paragraph in Japanese. But I know there are lots of problems, such as unnatural sentence structures, expressions, usages, etc. Please pick it appart and let's have fun polishing this paragraph!🙂
カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグする提案
カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグをした方がカナダがもっと早く経済成長すろだろう。
固定為替相場制は本当にまずいアイデアだと思います。 まずは、その政策は、インフレを加速させるだけですよ。 公正市場価格は1ドル95-98カナダドルぐらいだそうです。カナダドルを米ドル$0.50にペグすると、インフレ、失業などの変動に、激しくさらされるでしょうね。

インフレの程度が進むにつれてドルの価値は下がると、その国の経済にインフレの影響をもたらすからです。 カナダ政府はインフレに対するために強い措置、たとえば物価の抑制など、をとらなければならないでしょう。 為替変動の影響なので、政府が自国の通貨を何とか安定させます。
その上、$0.50にペグをする提案は、そのことで、われわれは不利な立場に立たされるでしょう。
:eek:

外貨の為替レートは毎日変わるほうがいいでしょうね。😊🙂

Back
Top Bottom