What's new

って etc

Bradsan

後輩
3 Feb 2010
Hey everyone i need help with this i have seen a lot of words have つ(Tsu) in its small form at the start or finish of a word but i do not know how to pronounce it like って, so any help with this, because it will help me learn japanese better thank you very much.

って would be written like "-tte". The small つ means the next consonant is typed twice...
みて - mite
きって - kitte

You'll also see this in words like
よっか - (yokka) fourth day (of the month)
みっか - (mikka) third day (of the month)

You pronounce it with a slight pause before the small つ

Anyone with a better answer, please feel free to correct me! :)

って would be written like "-tte". The small つ means the next consonant is typed twice...
みて - mite
きって - kitte

You'll also see this in words like
よっか - (yokka) fourth day (of the month)
みっか - (mikka) third day (of the month)

You pronounce it with a slight pause before the small つ

Anyone with a better answer, please feel free to correct me!
I know that already, plus i knew that って would be written like tte i wanted to know how to pronounce the small tsu when at the start and finish not the middle as i already knew that thanks anyway.

Hmm... I must admit your question is a little confusing. The small つ does not have it's own pronunciation. Can you give an example word with small つ at the beginning or end? I have never seen this.

って is often used in manga. The pronunciation is the same to the one in the middle of a word, thus, a slight pause is put before て.

って is often used in manga. The pronunciation is the same to the one in the middle of a word, thus, a slight pause is put before て.
Thanks i do know what it means(casual quoting particle)i just didn't know how to pronounce it,thanks heaps.
Hmm... I must admit your question is a little confusing. The small つ does not have it's own pronunciation. Can you give an example word with small つ at the beginning or end? I have never seen this.
i did give an example word its って and it means (casual quoting particle), i thought you saw the word i gave as an example.

Back
Top Bottom