What's new

[微妙さ加減] and few more

Kraise

先輩
8 Mar 2013
I, hmm.. like to take every oportunity I have to learn more japanese, and for this I'd like to ask for help "enlightening" a few expressions I just read in a thread in this forums.

1 -気づくか気づかないかの微妙さ加減が正にあの演出の肝 なのでは?
[ 微妙さ加減 ]

Being able to translate the bolded words doesnt help me very much, I can't really comprehend what is being said(or the speakers intention in this one) is it anything similar to "演出の微妙naコツ"? Or is it definitely the "extent of subtle(ness)"?

2- 同僚の教師だって別に彼女を貶めたくてそこ に立っているわけじゃないでしょうしね。

In this one is 別に linked to わけじゃない creating a sense of "not anything special/no special reason? Or is this "じゃない" the common emphatic one and this 別に stands for " apart / just standing there and looking" ?

Thank you ~

1. Yeah I think extent of ~ is a good translation. Its like 彼が笑っているのを見てやっと自分のばかさ加減に気がついた " I had realized the extent of how much of a fool i had been until i saw him laughing"

Im interested in a translation for number 2 kind of unsure about this as well.

To me, 別に .... わけじゃない has a similar feeling to "It's not like..." (It's not like he "彼女を貶めたくてそこに立っている").

To me, 別に .... わけじゃない has a similar feeling to "It's not like..." (It's not like he "彼女を貶めたくてそこに立っている").

I see, I also thought of that before but the context is somewhat a problem to me(it is from the video that caused all that "comotion" from FinantialWar's thread) the other teacher was indeed mocking the "teacher wanna-be girl", just waiting for her to show how sloppy she is , despite being japanese.

The sentence is about the other teacher in the video, and why he didn't comment on her mistake (although he does do an amusing doubletake at the blackboard.) Does that help?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I guess he is there to monitor/help/see what sort of teacher she is. So it's not like he's there because he wants a chance to mock her.

I got it, my bad on the context part, I probably mixed up things

thank you Neko

Back
Top Bottom