What's new

Informal Japanese! O.O!

Tomii515

やった~!
16 Feb 2006
Hmm...well, I think I should try to learn something new, so, I think the next best thing I should learn is informal verbs! O.O!!!

well, I know informal normal verb...like "hanasu" blah blah...

but what about informal past, -ing past, -ing, and all that good stuff...like, can someone give me a GOOD site, or take the time to type it please?

If you do type it, tell how to make each kind of verb past...and yeah, you knwo the whole deal!

Ohhh, and the informal desu, and deshita and stuffs!

thanks very much!

-トミー

For tenses
Learning Japanese Verb Groups
be sure to check out all 3 pages

for the drinking, eating deal, add a iru/imasu to the ~te forms of verbs.
eating: tabate iru(informal)/ tabete imasu(formal)
drinking: nonde iru(informal)/ nonde imasu(formal)

Textbooks are nice. Or, alternately, textbooks can be very good resources. Some people, on the other hand, swear by the efficacy of textbooks. Another option to consider would be textbooks.

Mike Cash said:
Textbooks are nice. Or, alternately, textbooks can be very good resources. Some people, on the other hand, swear by the efficacy of textbooks. Another option to consider would be textbooks.

uhh, god...I don't have money to get myself a textbook...! I have one, but it isn't that good...no offense, but if you see my forum, and u plan on posting "get a textbook" or something like that, please don't:eek:

tanhql said:
for tenses
Learning Japanese Verb Groups
be sure to check out all 3 pages
for the drinking, eating deal, add a iru/imasu to the ~te forms of verbs.
eating: tabate iru(informal)/ tabete imasu(formal)
drinking: nonde iru(informal)/ nonde imasu(formal)
Thank you ^^, that explained everything...!
well, not everything...
desu = da
de wa arimasen = ja nai
deshita = datta
de wa arimasen deshita = ja nakatta
---
and also the
-te imasu = -te iru
-te imashita = -te ita
-te imasen = -te inai
-te imasen deshita = -te inakatta
-te ite = -te ite

Last edited:
Tomii515 said:
uhh, god...I dont have money to get myself a teekbook...! I have one, but it isnt that good...no offence, but if you see my forum, and u plan on posting "get a textbook" or something like that, please don't:eek:
Maybe try looking in your library for a better one? Unless your library is doinky or something, they'll probably have quite a few Japanese textbooks available to borrow. There are also many people selling used textbooks cheap on amazon.

Back
Top Bottom