What's new

Design-related words in japanese

Nidofu

後輩
25 Feb 2006
Can someone give me some japanese words related to design/designing, computers and media?
Like f.ex. design, media, click, doubleclick, web, site, graphic, graphic design, typography, designer, designing, logo, webpage, website, cookie, code, script, millimeter, centimeter, professional, service, image, job, pixel, company, layout, print, press, crop marks, or anything similar.
The thing im looking for is a short, easy and cool japanese word, but it also has to be something meaningful. It doesn't necesarilly have to be related to design, but it have to describe a designer/design company. I have found a few words already:
magic power - maryoku
escape - nuki
wave - nami
But these words are not quite what I'm looking for so I'm hoping some of you can come up with some better words for me.
Thank you very much!
🙂

I would recommend using a dictionary. See the thread: "Before asking your questions, read this" for some links.

thanks for ur answer :)

i have been to plenty of different links looking for words, but i cant find any that i like. thats why i was thinking maybe someone knew of some words :)

🙂

Most of the words you mentioned are not really translated - just transliterated as the words are "imported" from English along with their concept.

design デザイン dezain
media メディア media
click クリック kurikku
doubleclick ダブルクリック daburu kurikku
web ウェブ uebu
site サイト saito
graphic グラフィック gurafikku
graphic design グラフィック デザイン gurafikku dezain
typography
designer デザイナー dezainaa
designing
logo ロゴ rogo
webpage ウェブページ uebu peeji
website ウェブサイト uebu saito / ホームページ hoomu peeji
cookie クッキー kukkii
code コード koodo
script スクリプト sukuriputo
millimeter ミリ miri
centimeter センチ senchi
professional プロ puro / プロフェッショナル purofesshonaru
service サービス saabisu
image (1) 画像 gazou (similar to picture) (2) イメージ imeeji (similar to impression)
job 仕事 shigoto
pixel ピクセル pikuseru
company 会社 kaisha
layout レイアウト reiauto
print 印刷 insatsu
press プレス puresu
crop marks *sorry I don't know this word 😅

Please note that sometimes different words/expression should be need depending on the context.

Hope this helps. :)

Is "shigoto" correct in the sense of an individual job assignment? For example, a freelancer saying, "I can't wait until the Peterson job is through so that I can focus on the Lindsay job."

Is "shigoto" correct in the sense of an individual job assignment? For example, a freelancer saying, "I can't wait until the Peterson job is through so that I can focus on the Lindsay job."

One might say "Piitaason no shigoto" but it does not really sound professional.
It depends on the workplace or individual, but to me call it ヒ??陳 anken is more common.
e.g.
早くピーターソン案件が終わってリンゼイ案件に集中できるようになってほしい。

I've been working for the same company for years, in other places they might be using quite different expression.

ありがとう。 And welcome aboard. It's always nice to have more native speakers and advanced learners to help new ones like me. よろしくお願いします。

Japanese word see fashion and design is quite simple, some of them are directly translate from English pronunciation. can use google translate

Back
Top Bottom