What's new

J-Rock Magazine

Japanimaniac

後輩
6 Oct 2004
Check it out. Not sure how many of you already know this, so I'll go ahead and post it. The people over at Centigrade-J collaborated with the people who made the book "J-Rock, Ink" and are producing a J-Rock magazine. First issue will be January. The best part? The first issue is free. You just have to sign up at the website. Have fun!!

www.JRockInkMagazine.com

Last edited:
Placebo said:
I think I smell spam

Not exactly. I got an e-mail from Centigrade-J's mailing list stating the exact same thing I posted. I would have thought my 738 previous posts, my membership for over a year, a fully filled out profile, an avatar, and a signature would be some indication that I'm not a one-post spammer. I did the same thing when I learned there was a questionaire about Dir en grey to see if there was enough interest in an American Diru fan club (and even got rep points for it). But sorry for trying to inform j-rock fans about something they may not have been aware of. Wouldn't want to do that in a sub-forum devoted to japanese music. And in addition to the two forms of evidence that the link is not spam I have provided below, I'll even upload some pictures of my pretty magazine once I recieve it in January, if that will suffice.

::mumbles something about the good ol' days of JRef:: :eek:

Link to Centigrade-J (where it clearly states what I previously posted):

www.Centigrade-J.com

Complete E-Mail:

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Centigrade J Forums". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

[email protected]

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To All,

Hello, boo here from Cent-j to spread a little bit o' Holiday cheer your way in the form of an exciting announcement. While cent-j remains hibernating, I have been a very busy boo. My latest project revealed yesterday, is a collaboration with the team behind the book jrock, ink.: a concise report on 40 of the biggest rock acts in japan. It's a print magazine called "jrock ink magazine" which will be releasing in January of 2006. The first issue will be available to you FREE OF CHARGE. All you need to do is sign up at the webpage: http://www.jrockinkmagazine.com by filling out the subscription form.

The magazine will feature articles, photos, humor pieces, editorials stories and a lot of fun surprises by yours booly, Cent-j's prodigal son Da Crank, as well as other well known names from the net and elsewhere.

It's a beautiful work in progress which makes many promises to only get better with each issue. Allow me to cash in whatever cred I have left and direct you in the direction of this directive: SUBSCRIBE.

As for Cent-j's status. As some of you now know, I still translate every so often. Dont' be surprised to see an update in January. With new content from Elan Ma as well.

In the meantime most of my efforts will be directed to the magazine and as yet unannounced projects (there are three altogether including the magazine) still in the works.

I hope this makes it clear why putting Cent-j on the backburner was neccessary.

Takako & I wish you all the very best in the new year,

-boo

Last edited:
It's down for 48 hours for a server change, evidently. But as far as I know, it's worldwide. There's a section to put your country when you subscribe. And there's Q & A on the site too, if you have any questions. I don't want to say too much, because I wouldn't want to be accused of shameless promotion, which we all know is spam's evil cousin. Can't have that.

Lookie! This is for the few of you that doubted (or...you know...just that one that did). jrock ink 1/4 of 2006. So pretty...

It came from Baltimore, and I live in Maryland (in other words, just a couple hours away). And I finally just got mine today. I was getting scared, hehe. :p

they gave me two copies o.o;; i typed my address twice. because the first time i sent it, it was before the site went down and i wasn't sure if they received it. so i sent it again later hahah

hm..there's Blood's stay and performance in mexico, Hide's museum, short interview call with D'espairsRay and a few album reviews ^^;

I didn't get mine either, and I wrote them about it, but didn't get a response. I heard some people got 6 copies by mistake! That really makes me mad that some people got more than 1 when there's a lot of us who didn't get any! I signed up for it the day this thread was made too!

Back
Top Bottom